Transiting Frankfurt Airport | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Transiting Frankfurt Airport

Status
Not open for further replies.

cssaus

My wife is booked on a flight departing from LHR on Lufthansa flying into Frankfurt and then departing Lufthansa to BKK.

The transit time at Frankfurt appears to be just a little under 2 hours. Anyone have any comments about this, i.e. is it adequate time to change flights?

Dave Noble

cssaus said:
My wife is booked on a flight departing from LHR on Lufthansa flying into Frankfurt and then departing Lufthansa to BKK.

The transit time at Frankfurt appears to be just a little under 2 hours. Anyone have any comments about this, i.e. is it adequate time to change flights?
She should have ample time; I wouldn't worry about it at all.

Dave

cssaus

Dave Noble said:
She should have ample time; I wouldn't worry about it at all.

Dave
Thanks for the feedback. My wife isn't exactly travel-savvy especially when she's travelling on her own.

Kiwi Flyer

cssaus said:

2 hours is plenty of time. Minimum connection time at FRA for LH->LH is 45 minutes.

The important thing for a first time visitor to FRA is to check the monitors for the gate for BKK flight (likely to be B something) and then follow the signs to the right pier and gates. It's a very big airport but reasonably well signposted. Depending on arrival gate/stand may get a bus ride to terminal, a short train ride between terminal piers or short or long walk. IIRC LHR flights arrive in non-schengen B part of terminal so most likely a short walk only and no security or passport checks.

cssaus

Kiwi Flyer said:
2 hours is plenty of time. Minimum connection time at FRA for LH->LH is 45 minutes.

The important thing for a first time visitor to FRA is to check the monitors for the gate for BKK flight (likely to be B something) and then follow the signs to the right pier and gates. It's a very big airport but reasonably well signposted. Depending on arrival gate/stand may get a bus ride to terminal, a short train ride between terminal piers or short or long walk. IIRC LHR flights arrive in non-schengen B part of terminal so most likely a short walk only and no security or passport checks.
Thanks for the insight, I'll let my wife know that it's no big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.