Transiting Frankfurt Airport

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by cssaus, Jul 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. cssaus

cssaus Active Member

Dec 13, 2004
    Sydney
    My wife is booked on a flight departing from LHR on Lufthansa flying into Frankfurt and then departing Lufthansa to BKK.

The transit time at Frankfurt appears to be just a little under 2 hours. Anyone have any comments about this, i.e. is it adequate time to change flights?

2. Dave Noble

Dave Noble Senior Member

Oct 10, 2005
    She should have ample time; I wouldn't worry about it at all.

Dave

3. cssaus

cssaus Active Member

Dec 13, 2004
    Sydney
    Thanks for the feedback. My wife isn't exactly travel-savvy especially when she's travelling on her own.

4. Kiwi Flyer

Kiwi Flyer Senior Member

Sep 24, 2004
    2 hours is plenty of time. Minimum connection time at FRA for LH->LH is 45 minutes.

The important thing for a first time visitor to FRA is to check the monitors for the gate for BKK flight (likely to be B something) and then follow the signs to the right pier and gates. It's a very big airport but reasonably well signposted. Depending on arrival gate/stand may get a bus ride to terminal, a short train ride between terminal piers or short or long walk. IIRC LHR flights arrive in non-schengen B part of terminal so most likely a short walk only and no security or passport checks.

5. cssaus

cssaus Active Member

Dec 13, 2004
    Sydney
    Thanks for the insight, I'll let my wife know that it's no big deal.