Transfer MR points to partners SQ account

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

Asking the question for my parents. My moms got 300k MR Points. My dads for 100K MR points.Dad has a KrisFlyer account with 100k miles. The end goal is to have all points under one account for maximum effect.

In the past I know you’ve been able to transfer MR points between MR accounts but I get the impression that is no longer permitted. Does anybody know different? It used to be via a form you had to fill in and scan/fax to them.

If moving between MR accounts is not possible, Is it possible to transfer MR points from moms MR account into dads SQ account? Adding his SQ account as a transfer partner on my moms MR account was successful But I’m nervious that SQ will reject as the names don’t match and the language on the transfer page seems to indicate the account must be in the same name

Anybody got any wisdom or knowledge in this area?

Cheers

If your parents MR is same system, I mean like gateway. It should be fine. You can't transfer Dad`MR to Mum's SQ account.

It's possible, or at least was possible, to transfer from Amex MR to SQ account as long as surnames match. The risk was worth it. You need to decide if the risk is worth it for your parents.

Thanks for th tips guys.

Xzclzj can you advise how you go about doing to MR to MR transfer? It used to via a PDF available on their website but that form is no longer there? Guess I could just call them.

JohnK I’m willing to take the chance with a test amount of 5000 to see if it arrives ok. The surnames match but I always worry about transferring big amounts...

I tried transferring from MRS cxthomps MR account to my SQ account just over 2 weeks ago. Within 2 days I got an email from SQ saying my account was locked and under audit. I rang them and they confirmed it was because the whole name (not just surname) did not match. They reversed the transfer and after following up with Amex the points are now back.
If there is a way between MR accounts I would be very interested.

C.

Hi All,

Asking the question for my parents. My moms got 300k MR Points. My dads for 100K MR points.Dad has a KrisFlyer account with 100k miles. The end goal is to have all points under one account for maximum effect.

In the past I know you’ve been able to transfer MR points between MR accounts but I get the impression that is no longer permitted. Does anybody know different? It used to be via a form you had to fill in and scan/fax to them.

If moving between MR accounts is not possible, Is it possible to transfer MR points from moms MR account into dads SQ account? Adding his SQ account as a transfer partner on my moms MR account was successful But I’m nervious that SQ will reject as the names don’t match and the language on the transfer page seems to indicate the account must be in the same name

Anybody got any wisdom or knowledge in this area?

Cheers

It's possible to transfer MR to MR up to 50K points per year. As long as the programs are the same there are no fees, however if you're going "up" a program (i.e. from Ascent Premium to Ascent) it gets expensive ($5/1000). I may or may not have known someone who had their entire balance transferred across, however this was undoubtedly an error on Amex's part. I have the pdf, I'll try posting it here, if it doesn't work, PM me your email address and I'll email it to you...

I don't think MR to another SQ is allowed, the names have to match. If you did a 50K transfer though, they'd each have 250K in SQ assuming that's where you put them...

Attachments

• amex_mrpoints_gift_requestform_v5.pdf
    422.9 KB · Views: 9
Is it possible to transfer MR points from moms MR account into dads SQ account?
No it's not possible. The transfer will most likely go through and you'll see the increased points balance in your dad's SQ KF account, however this will get picked up in about a day by their systems and your dad's account will be placed under audit (the miles in his account are frozen and can't be used). You could take the risk and make an award redemption as soon as the points post. You will have a confirmed ticket, however it is entirely possible that at check-in you will be denied boarding due to having obtained the miles against the T&C's.

It's possible, or at least was possible, to transfer from Amex MR to SQ account as long as surnames match. The risk was worth it.
The transfer still occurs even with mismatched surnames. However the risk is too large as your KF account being in audit is tantamount to FF suicide as all sorts of things could go wrong (see above).

I tried transferring from MRS cxthomps MR account to my SQ account just over 2 weeks ago. Within 2 days I got an email from SQ saying my account was locked and under audit. I rang them and they confirmed it was because the whole name (not just surname) did not match. They reversed the transfer and after following up with Amex the points are now back.
Had the same happen to my wife and I (different surnames completely), though it was a case of me transfering MR points into her KF. Her account was placed under audit and points frozen. After sending through a load of documentation, her account was unfrozen.

Thanks for all the advice guys - Really appreciate the first hand info. I'm not going to take a chance with their points and won't risk getting accounts frozen. Not worth the hassle/risk. Will have to create an account with KF for mom and just transfer her points into that and have them split. Not ideal, but better than the hassle of loosing them!

Thanks again!

The transfer still occurs even with mismatched surnames. However the risk is too large as your KF account being in audit is tantamount to FF suicide as all sorts of things could go wrong (see above).
I have done in the past without issue but looks like they have now tightened up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back