Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Top 50 Cities to See

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simo

Established Member
A few cities I think should have made it but anyway.

No HKG LAX NYC New Orleans just to name a few.

amaroo

Enthusiast
Qantas
Platinum 1
Flights
My Map
25 with a couple more booked for next year.

13 of them with my kids.

Last edited:

Alanslegal

Counted 25/50, still a long way to go and many many many more places in the world wanting to visit in my lifetime.

Get paid up to 25% in real cash from your everyday purchases from leading companies such as Virgin Australia, Booking.com, Woolworths, Coles, Apple, Microsoft and much more. Free to join and no catches!

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

whatmeworry

A very biased top towards the Romance countries. Seriously Venice at Number 1? Paris so low, No Moscow, St Petersburg, Melbourne, just one German city... Just too many gripes with this list.

JohnM

Qantas
Platinum
Flights
My Map
It is a debatable list but I'm at 28 of those listed, with another one coming up in October. And I'm not that big on cities - I like getting out into the countryside after a quick look.

RooFlyer

Enthusiast
Qantas
Platinum
Flights
My Map
33 for me. A ridiculous list (the absence of St Petersburg and/or Moscow alone justifies that comment#), but you just have to look at the source and the publication that asked the question.

"Lhasa, China" ? That's cute.

# As in: If you had to choose between Las Vegas or St Petersburg, which is the 'greater city' meriting a visit before you peg it?

ketsuzei

Established Member
I'm at 9/50. And I don't consider myself particularly poorly travelled.

knightman7

41/50 but I don't agree with the top 50 list at all. So many amazing cities left off that list.

dajop

Enthusiast
Flights
My Map
33 for me. A ridiculous list (the absence of St Petersburg and/or Moscow alone justifies that comment#), but you just have to look at the source and the publication that asked the question.

"Lhasa, China" ? That's cute.

# As in: If you had to choose between Las Vegas or St Petersburg, which is the 'greater city' meriting a visit before you peg it?
Agreed, another one missing is Hong Kong. Jaipur is nice, but if I was going to visit just one city in India, I would choose Delhi ahead of it, and probably even Mumbai as well. I think this list is more about cities with specific places/sights to see, than cities themselves as the attraction.

Last edited:

TheBOSman

7/50, but the list is a sham without Cape Town, just to start with cities that should be on there.

drron

Enthusiast
21/50 with a few more in the next 2 years.Several on there I know I will not get around to seeing.
But I agree these lists are stupid.Opinions always differ.

Demon_fan

15/50

Can't believe Cape Town & Hong Kong weren't on there.

Also a few cities in that list, that I have no desire to visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khoobh16