Tiger Losses money , Gets a new CEO

Discussion in 'Travel News' started by ethernet, May 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. ethernet

ethernet Active Member

Aug 10, 2006
    Tiger Airways replaces its chief executive after losses - The Nation

Heh, I'm an old Mk1 Tiger casualty who has not flown Tiger for yonks. As long as there is this tough luck when it is our fault nonsense, I'll never book a connecting flight with them.

If they get real, and adopt a we'll fix it if it costs us no money spiel - until then, they can continue to hemorrhage money. So far, AirAsia sometimes gets it right, so I'll stick with them.

2. I've never heard a bad word from pensioner groups though.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sprucegoose

Sprucegoose Senior Member

Aug 20, 2003
    SE Aust
    They have all day, we don't

• Like Like x 2
  4. ethernet

ethernet Active Member

Aug 10, 2006
    Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.
    Japanese Proberb

And the CEO should spot trends and capitalize on peaks and troughs - lightning fast.

I see a lot of similarities with Tiger and Malaysian Airways at the moment. They are not exactly flavor of the month. There is doubt / fear of risk, and a lot of sore Chinese punters. Both have lost situational awareness.From SYD, right now ML is a dollar or 2 more than Qantas. Yep, no-one remembers the news ... memory of a goldfish. Tiger looks after their own Singapore market and has a clue, but screws it up internationally with FUD and figures passengers without luggage will flock..

Those WITH clues. Vn Airways (is this one any good?) is competing on price hard, and maybe China Southern and ML will loose a bit - China Southern is really aggressive - I cant figure out how a 6 hour u-turn works out cheaper. AirAsia is not heartlessly 'strict' .

Tiger COULD guarantee they will be honest about delayed planes - but nah same old story, no attempt to transform and try to correct things.

5. straitman

Apr 27, 2003
    SE Oz (Sale)
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Borderline offensive to us retirees, but if you want to include all retirees in the group I can find you lots of people who will say bad things about them :!:

6. NFF

NFF Member

Dec 10, 2013
    Australia
    Which airlines are making money ?