Question - The Wing, First lounge's cabanas | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Question The Wing, First lounge's cabanas

Drew

Great afternoon all and a happy Friday.

My wife and I are planning to travel from Hong Kong to Haneda next year with Cathay (F). Our 2-hour flight (still debating if it's worth it...) departs 8:55 am.

I plan to check-in at 5:30 am and lounge in the cabana before grabbing breakfast. I've contacted Cathay but they weren't able to tell me if the service is available first thing in the morning.

Has anyone used the cabana's first thing in the morning?

Cheers
Drew

muppet

Pretty sure you will be fine. Flights land early and people connect so its part of what people need.

Are you connecting? Just curious why you could be bothered after checking out of a hotel?

Daver6

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
The cabana's in the Wing lounge are essentially just giant bathrooms with a couch. Albeit a fantastic shower and giant bath tub.

Drew

Pretty sure you will be fine. Flights land early and people connect so its part of what people need.

Are you connecting? Just curious why you could be bothered after checking out of a hotel?
No connecting flight, we're spending a few nights in Hong Kong before travelling to Tokyo.

Drew

The cabana's in the Wing lounge are essentially just giant bathrooms with a couch. Albeit a fantastic shower and giant bath tub.
Thanks Daver6. I read a recent review about the cabana and thought it would be a great way to start the morning.

Daver6

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
Thanks Daver6. I read a recent review about the cabana and thought it would be a great way to start the morning.
If you're after a shower/bath its certainly the best lounge shower I've come across. Personally I wouldn't be waking up early just to go there...but if you're in need of a shower by all means go for it.

Not the greatest of pictures that I took, but you get the idea...

Drew

If you're after a shower/bath its certainly the best lounge shower I've come across. Personally I wouldn't be waking up early just to go there...but if you're in need of a shower by all means go for it.

Not the greatest of pictures that I took, but you get the idea...

View attachment 170606
Thanks for the picture - looks fantastic. Is this suitable for two people?

Personally I wouldn't be waking up early just to go there...
I echo your thoughts. Especially since we're heading straight to the snow once we land in Haneda. I suppose I want to make the most out of the F flights.

Daver6

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
Thanks for the picture - looks fantastic. Is this suitable for two people?
Yes, very much so. MrsDaver6 had a bath while I had a shower. Plenty of space to swing several cats.

Drew

Yes, very much so. MrsDaver6 had a bath while I had a shower. Plenty of space to swing several cats.
haha! Fantastic, I'll see if I can request a bottle of champers at 5:30am - I read it's a thing to do when using one of the cabanas :)

Happy Trails

Established Member
AFF Supporter
I read somewhere that they don't allow glassware (understandable), but some seem to get away with it.

Drew

It's longer than 2 hours - more like 4+ - and F is always worth it if you get a good deal!
You're absolutely right. It's a four-hour flight. Silly question, but I know airlines don't hand out amenity kits for short flights, but is there a chance they'd provide one on request?

AFF on Air Podcast

• HARS (Historic Aircraft Restoration Society) – AIR023
    Sat, 02 Nov 2019 13:24:03 AEDT
      The Historic Aircraft Restoration Society (HARS) boasts a collection of over 60 aircraft, including a retired Qantas 747, Super Constellation and DC-3s. John Travolta's Bo ...
  • “Hidden City” Court Case – AIR022
    Sat, 19 Oct 2019 09:30:46 AEDT
      Earlier this year, German airline Lufthansa tried to sue a passenger that exploited the loophole of hidden-city ticketing by skipping the last flight on their ticket. This ...
  • Summer in Europe – AIR021
    Sat, 05 Oct 2019 17:28:53 AEST
      Qantas and Virgin Australia are fighting over two rare and lucrative new landing slots for Tokyo's Haneda Airport. Meanwhile, four European airlines have gone bankrupt in ...
  • Are Loyalty Programs a Scam? – AIR020
    Sat, 21 Sep 2019 08:36:18 AEST
      The ACCC recently released a damning draft report into Australian loyalty schemes, calling out practices that it says may shock consumers and putting loyalty program opera ...
  • Air Chathams – AIR019
    Sat, 07 Sep 2019 16:41:06 AEST
      With less than two weeks until the upcoming Qantas Frequent Flyer changes, now is the time to make any last-minute Classic Flight Reward bookings! In this episode, Matt ch ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Katiet75