The view from my "office" | Page 743 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

The view from my "office"

JohnM

Qantas
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Seafood Dinner out tonight ! A hot 32 degree C day in Perth calls for a short drive to the Marmion Angling Club on West Coast Highway - now doing takeaway meals.

Fish n Chips with BYO white wine in the car. Only outing this week 😢
View attachment 212982 View attachment 212983
My dad and his mates were early members of MAAC. I remember as a kid mucking about on the beach while busy bees were conducted to build the original clubrooms in the mid-late 1950s.

love_the_life

Established Member
Flights
My Map
Seafood Dinner out tonight ! A hot 32 degree C day in Perth calls for a short drive to the Marmion Angling Club on West Coast Highway - now doing takeaway meals.

Fish n Chips with BYO white wine in the car. Only outing this week 😢
View attachment 212982 View attachment 212983
Lucky duck. In some places in this country that would probably not be allowed. Collect food and take it straight home only.
Looks gorgeous and fish and chips sounds yum.

Antoallison

Flights
My Map
I was very surprised as I had literally not been out my front door all week.
It was very busy for a Wednesday (early) evening all along the coast road.
Many car parks were full.

With high temperatures predicted in the West for Good Friday, I think this could be our Bondi this Easter.

tgh

Established Member
I should have taken a pic ; the roads are empty but the regional fish shop is a zoo, cars parked everywhere, a conga line of spaced out customers five miles long and police keeping an eye on the chaos.
Nearby upmarket seafood market/ cafe was all but empty ; took me minutes to stock up and be on my way.

JohnM

Qantas
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Very warm in PERfection, so the beaches are popular. I did hear an uncorroborated report that one beach was closed. Police helo made a couple of passes along the coast.

There’s always plenty of space at Swannie, especially if the SAS aren’t live-firing. Plenty of people near the main section (in the distance of pic 2), but much more spread out than usual.

46CD2A3A-F9ED-4155-8442-2A5C4C599410.jpeg 163736BF-0DA1-4538-8F6B-C7AF819ADEA3.jpeg

Daver6

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
Very warm in PERfection, so the beaches are popular. I did hear an uncorroborated report that one beach was closed. Police helo made a couple of passes along the coast.

There’s always plenty of space at Swannie, especially if the SAS aren’t live-firing. Plenty of people near the main section (in the distance of pic 2), but much more spread out than usual.

View attachment 213185 View attachment 213186
Just got back from the north side (ie south City Beach) of the firing range. Much quieter than usual (not that it's ever all the busy there). Both rescue and police helo doing lappos. Monty correctly doing the social distancing thing.

1586504454483.png