The view from my "office"

I don't seem to be able to upload photos anymore, I just get a message saying file is too large (it's 4MB). So either the default file size/quality is higher on my S24+ compared to me S23+ which puts it over the file size limit, or the limit has been lowered? Either way, means no more office views from me.

I don't seem to be able to upload photos anymore, I just get a message saying file is too large (it's 4MB). So either the default file size/quality is higher on my S24+ compared to me S23+ which puts it over the file size limit, or the limit has been lowered? Either way, means no more office views from me.
I believe it is because you have not included enough carparks.

Our group was having dinner at the Reykjavik Opera House/Theatre complex tonight when Silver Wind arrived in port. I board tomorrow after lunch. The ship is literally across the road!

*Computer has decided the ”uploaded files are too large for the server to process”. Very odd, as I have been posting from this hotel for a few days. The same photos went upon Cruise Critic without a problem.

I just saw @Flashback’s post. It must be an AFF issue.

Yep, just tested - 2mb file works, 4mb does not. Antananarivo airport office yesterday.
View attachment 390665
it’s difficult these days when a standard iPhone image is refused be of size. Why can’t AFF do what other sites do and downsize the uploads as required? That's what technology is for after all. It’s not difficult to implement.

Why can’t AFF do what other sites do and downsize the uploads as required?

I recall support writing a (fair) while ago that images did first undergo a compression, or file size reduction before it was deemed too large. Maybe that's changed.

I've also struck a few 'file to large' issues lately (say, 1 image out of 8 trying to be uploaded in a TR), but with an iPhone its easy to fix by selecting a 'large' or 'medium' file size to upload.

@admin - any changes recently in this regard?

Doing some star alliance lounge hopping this evening in BKK

Just moved for Silverkris to EVA air where I am all alone. The food in SKL was great but I’m enjoying a guilty pleasure of pizza which look exactly like Pizza Hut and a great fresh salad with a rare runway view from a lounge

I too can’t seem to upload any photos anymore…

Last edited:
I'm no expert @Flashback but having the same issue.
All my photos and posts are on my dodgy Samsung phone, I just screenshot the original then crop and it works, see last post #25,996

From yesterday’s beautiful city, to today’s moving office. Auschwitz.

Attachments

• IMG_1744.jpeg
    IMG_1744.jpeg
    1,021.8 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1745.jpeg
    IMG_1745.jpeg
    697.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1725.jpeg
    IMG_1725.jpeg
    802.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1726.jpeg
    IMG_1726.jpeg
    865.4 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1749.jpeg
    IMG_1749.jpeg
    496.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1750.jpeg
    IMG_1750.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1727.jpeg
    IMG_1727.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1728.jpeg
    IMG_1728.jpeg
    897 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1729.jpeg
    IMG_1729.jpeg
    770.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1730.jpeg
    IMG_1730.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 16
Thank you for letting us know that the image upload is not working as it should.

After investigating the issue we discovered that the image seize ceiling has been reduced to 2,048KB as part of the latest forum software update.

So for now, we can only fly under 2,048KB per image

We are working with the Tech team to resolve this and will keep you posted.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

👍

Or, with an iPhone, select medium or small file size.
One can’t do that when uploading to AFF tho in a browser on say an iPad. Only when sending via email etc, Thus is a recent change by AFF forum software. They should address the issue.

For now, one solution is to email the images to yourself which can reduce size then use those images to post.

One can’t do that when uploading to AFF tho in a browser on say an iPad.

When I'm on my tablet, and iPhone pics have synched, if a photo is too large to post (eg panoramas) I just use the MS snipping tool over the image, copy, and post that directly into the post.

But yes, need to get back to better image resolution capability.

Last edited:
Glorious winter day lunching @ tides manly

Y’all will just have to use your imagination as the pic would not load and i do not plan to spend valuable lunching time editing pics to post

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Staff online

Back