The Pinot Noir & Grenache Thread

qaz

Established Member
i'm yet to try it, but after Faiveley and Bellene, this might be the next budget Bourgogne best-buy:
  • 2019 Domaine Georges Glantenay Bourgogne Pinot Noir Maison Dieu - BH(AM)/WH(SO)87/++, IB(JM)86 $51 or 12pk $45 delivered @ Eurocentric
Volnay, Chambolle, Pommard: Fresh Burgundy in the house @ Eurocentric
Champagne Dinner, Chablis, Coravin, Oh My @ Rathdowne Cellars
sorry somehow forgot to mention Duband - these are actually cheaper than Buzz, from where i unfortunately already ordered/received mine the other week:

World Wine Black Friday / Cyber Monday Sale e.g. 25% off Lucien Muzard + 7% off with VINO = 30.25% off :) (free delivery with $250 spend) - ends today:
  • 2017 Lucien Muzard Bourgogne Rouge $25.58
  • 2019 Lucien Muzard Santenay Vieilles Vignes Rouge $46.04
  • 2019 Lucien Muzard Santenay 1er Cru Clos Faubard $62.78

Last edited:

Mynameislucluc

Established Member
sorry somehow forgot to mention Duband - these are actually cheaper than Buzz, from where i unfortunately already ordered/received mine the other week:

World Wine Black Friday / Cyber Monday Sale e.g. 25% off Lucien Muzard + 7% off with VINO = 30.25% off :) (free delivery with $250 spend) - ends today:
  • 2019 Lucien Muzard Santenay Clos Faubard $62.78

It looks like other vintages are available, the 2016 is very well rated and the same price as the 2019 for the Lucien Muzard Santenay Clos Faubard.

I'd grab a few bottles, but don't really want to spend $250 for free shipping.

Last edited:

qaz

Established Member
  • 2020 Felton Road Block 5 Pinot Noir $140 @ Melbourne Wine House - 4 left
  • 2017 Pegasus Bay Pinot Noir - GW/NS/SL94 - $57 @ Grevillea

1er Cru @ $62.78 is a no-brainer :)
  • 2019 Lucien Muzard Santenay 1er Cru Clos Faubard $62.78
extended until 2pm AEDT today

kevviek

I'm seeking opinions on the Scotchman's Hill Jack and Jill label. It's supposed to be on premise sales only, but I can get some 2019 Pinot at a discount on the $35 RRP. Just trying to figure out if that discount is off an inflated price and what it might be the equivalent of - seems they now have 5 sub brands, most with a pinot offering...

Now with contactless delivery, shop online to get drinks delivered to your door or pick up in-store in 30 minutes. Lowest Liquor Price Guarantee. Biggest Range.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Hors Ey

I'm seeking opinions on the Scotchman's Hill Jack and Jill label. It's supposed to be on premise sales only, but I can get some 2019 Pinot at a discount on the $35 RRP. Just trying to figure out if that discount is off an inflated price and what it might be the equivalent of - seems they now have 5 sub brands, most with a pinot offering...
I got it for $20 last time with VM. Yes I was told that it was supplied to restaurant brand.

I find it quite good, shine through after an hour of decant. Softer lighter style of Pinot.

Not sure about the RRP for retail but possibly RRP for restaurant.
Hope this helps.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..