Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

The Oaks on Palmer Townsville.

Status
Not open for further replies.

drron

Veteran Member
I was put up here last week for my 1 week Townsville job.Certainly quite adequate and the apartments do have daily servicing.A full kitchen,only a shower in the bathroom but roomy and pleasantly decorated.The only downside is the internet access.You get 30 minutes free wifi a day.But it can only be accessed once in every 24 hours.So the first night I had other things to do so accessed their internet just before 11pmwhich meant on each subsequent day I could only access it ~ 11pm and not before.Then charged at $10 for 2 hours.So I went to Coles and bought the cheapest modem which was Vodaphone for $19.50.Did the job and cheaper.Also faster.

For those on cheap government rates you don't overlook Ross Creek and the CBD but rather the air conditioning plant-

The room though was very comfortable-

Quite a few restaurants on the street outside and this area has several hotels/serviced apartments including Rydges,Ibis,Quest.
Also just a short walk into the CBD.Seems a good area to stay.

Trying to access your favourite Australian websites when overseas only to discover they have been geo-blocked? Concerned about your internet privacy especially when using unsecured wifi? NordVPN will solve both these common problems.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Traveling_Side