The NEW Velocity Status Run Master thread | Page 104 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

The NEW Velocity Status Run Master thread

Saab34

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
SQ are having some great fares to/from Asia to USA in Premium Economy, namely EWR.

I can see $1500 DPS-SIN-EWR in PE which earns 360 odd SC and quite a few points!

DPS most certainly an easy and cheap place to reposition to not to mention unwind before the long trek.

Ade

Hey Everyone, slightly off topic - I see that many posts here mention of some promo codes when booking using VA and this promo code helps reduce the price of the ticket. Can someone let me know how and where to find these promo codes for VA ?

thanks in advance,
Ade

Ade

Hey everyone, now that VA has released DSC - I think it's right time to discuss on the best routes for status runs :)

VA Red ATM, looking to get VA Gold. Happy to spend upto A$1200

Recommendations, please?

jase05

AFF Supporter
Hey everyone, now that VA has released DSC - I think it's right time to discuss on the best routes for status runs :)

Recommendations, please?
Where are you based and over how many days do you want to spread it?

Ade

Where are you based and over how many days do you want to spread it?
Based in SYD, but happy to start/end the run in MEL as well. Would typically love weekends, but happy to do one weekday, if need be

ojm

Intern

Recommendations, please?
I'm looking at MEL-OOL (via SYD/CBR) return. Using the Accelerate business portal price is ~$1,250 return for full business (not saver), netting 440 status credits with the DSC - so about $2.85 per SC.

As this is a trip already planned for work, though may as well connect and go business to gift someone platinum status this year..

sbor90

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Just posted in the DSC thread as well but may as well post here too.

SYD-BNE-AKL-RAR-AKL-MEL-SYD can be had for $1540 (inc fees) using PRW59 promo code.

920 SC or $1.67 per SC

lilkid28

Any suggestion for 360SC incl double SC (i.e 180 normal)? Flying 1 person or maybe 2 persons. Many thanks.

Ade

Just posted in the DSC thread as well but may as well post here too.

SYD-BNE-AKL-RAR-AKL-MEL-SYD can be had for $1540 (inc fees) using PRW59 promo code.

920 SC or $1.67 per SC
Thank you for the information @sbor90 . 920 for 1540 is very lucrative.

I tried finding this iternary on matrix and found fares around 2000 mark. I searched for J seats with plus or minus 2 days.

Am I missing something?

Ade

Probably a dates issue. This specific fare is effective 18/10-28/11 only.

View attachment 165332

Fare rules attached - worth noting TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON/BEFORE 22MAY19.
Thank you @sbor90

I was going through a page on AFF for VA status runs and did a quick matrix search - found the below ;

1. LST-DUD - at least 700 SC for $1140
2. HBA-DUD - at least 700 SC for $1140

The catch is, 1140 is the fare I found on matrix, however, for the same dates on VA website the fares are close to $1300.

Experienced this before? how do we book less expensive fares?

sbor90

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
1. LST-DUD - at least 700 SC for $1140
2. HBA-DUD - at least 700 SC for $1140

The catch is, 1140 is the fare I found on matrix, however, for the same dates on VA website the fares are close to $1300.
When you say "matrix" do you mean ITA Matrix? If so, you just need to install PowerTools (guide here) which allows you to load the itinerary into OTAs like Priceline.

With the pricing on the VA website, have you tried using some of the current promo codes?

If you were referring to ExpertFlyer Fare Information instead of Matrix - I think you'll find those prices don't include tax.

AFF on Air Podcast

• jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...
  • Premium Economy – AIR010
    Sat, 04 May 2019 00:21:32 AEST
      Premium Economy is a great compromise if you want a more comfortable experience than Economy, without paying for Business or First class airfares! In this episode, AFF’s ...
  • Hyperinflation of Points – AIR009
    Sat, 20 Apr 2019 04:49:59 AEST
      Frequent flyer points are a valuable currency, but they aren’t immune from hyperinflation! In this episode, Matt discusses why frequent flyer points are a terrible long-t ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danim