The New Qantas 'Retro' bags

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by sully, Nov 20, 2003.

Tags:
  1. sully

sully Member

Jul 31, 2003
    Wolloomooloo, NSW
    Has anyone shown interest in these? While the recent offer of the Samsonite style bag for $55 seemed to be reasonable this one is a bit gimmicky. I remember having one like this when I went to school. It was a bit of a rage to bring these instead of typical school bags. I was fortunate enough to own two, a BOAC and Pan Am. Some kids even had TAA bags.

The thought of forking over $40 for one of these now leaves me a bit cold though. There aren't many times when I travel with excercise books, vegemite sandwiches and a carefully folded yellow raincoat. :D
    Registered Users don't see this and have the option of removing all other advertisements.  Register HERE

2. icemann

icemann Member

Jan 2, 2003
    French's Forest, NSW
    It does look a bit cheap and naff. :)

But then again, it's badged under the 'retro' flag, so it can afford to be. However, consider this - if you walked into a client's office carrying that, instead of a full leather / samsonite job, would they take you seriously ?

I think not. 8)

3. HardieBoys

HardieBoys Member

Sep 28, 2003
    You'd be hard pressed getting much more than a very carefully folded bright yellow raincoat into the retro shoulder bag, as it's quite small. Maybe an apple and a tetrapak over-sweetened orange juice, but not a lot more.

4. vikkysmile

vikkysmile Newbie

Sep 25, 2006
    hi im new to this site and cant seem to find out how you start the new topic, any way i have a 1960s retro qantas bag and beauty case are they worth any thing and does any one have any information on them please thankyou

5. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    People sell them on ebay quite regularly. Search there to find the price people are willing to pay for them.