The Emirates First Experience - What to Expect?

Allow 20 min between concourses and then extra if remote gate (bus) especially if it is a 777
Just my worthless comments and would agree on the 20 minutes between concourses, as for the bus and I am only assuming it travels one way on a set route. Earlier this year I landed in DBX and on the taxi way we passed the a380 hub so I assumed we would stop at one of the B gates, no then passed B and thought to myself 'f!&K' now I will be put out out the dodgy end. It only got better - passed all those gates and ended up in the middle of no where and exited the aircraft once the steps arrived, got onto a bus and then the bus went on what I can only is a preset route.

The bus went from one end of DXB along the back roads of the airport (airside) back up past the a380 hub and eventually dropped us off at ground level in the middle of concourse B the bus journey took around 60+ minutes. The positive take away for me ;) is I have now seen parts of DXB that I never thought I would have or expected to see. At least I am familiar with DXB so after getting off the bus and getting back to the departure area I knew where I was and how to get to the lounges.

I only had time for a shower and a quick bite to eat, the saving grace was my onward flight departed from a gate near the lounge. IMO DXB is easy to get around and there can be a distance to travel from one end to the other. I used to think it was the biggest airport I transited through and then I had to transit through TFU which takes things to a new level depending on the carrier and gates, I have also been through PVG and PEK which are also large.
 
Last edited:
Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back
Top