The Emirates First Experience - What to Expect?

I used to fly EK F a lot but have not since covid. I currently have a syd Mel DXB booked and am on a 777 it seems to only show a few seats am I on the old EK F with 6-8 seats ? or is the night flight to DXB a new seating?
Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but EK405 has been/is Game Changer F ex MEL for a while now. If your 77W cabin has 6 seats, its GC, 8 seats is ‘old’ F.

I was lucky enough to experience GC F in Feb on a flight to GVA - the seat is absolutely incredible. Keep your booking if you’re on a 6-seater EK F cabin.
 
Looks like my flight from DXB to Europe has been changed to the older 777 (from A380). Outside of the shower and bar are there any other major differences?
 
I decided to grab QR for my jan to CAI But just found a F seat SYD DXB in mid sept fir an earlier trip it’s a 777 how do I find out if it’s a 6
I had not cancelled my old syd Mel dxb seat but can’t get my head around that 1800 tax
 
I decided to grab QR for my jan to CAI But just found a F seat SYD DXB in mid sept fir an earlier trip it’s a 777 how do I find out if it’s a 6
I had not cancelled my old syd Mel dxb seat but can’t get my head around that 1800 tax
Try the seat map (select seats as part of a dummy booking).
 
I decided to grab QR for my jan to CAI But just found a F seat SYD DXB in mid sept fir an earlier trip it’s a 777 how do I find out if it’s a 6
I had not cancelled my old syd Mel dxb seat but can’t get my head around that 1800 tax
If you give us the flight and date a number of us can check EF for the availability and detailed seat maps
 
Transit time has been shortened now. What is the optimal way to spend a 2 hour first class transit in DXB?

Head to the lounge, see if any spa appointments available, relax and check emails, see if there’s any food of interest.

Otherwise shower and eat on the plane. If you’re not flying an a380, perhaps shower in the lounge.
 
Head to the lounge, see if any spa appointments available, relax and check emails, see if there’s any food of interest.

Otherwise shower and eat on the plane. If you’re not flying an a380, perhaps shower in the lounge.
And if a wine buff, see what's open. There are often cracking bottles on the go at each bar.
 
Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Transit time has been shortened now. What is the optimal way to spend a 2 hour first class transit in DXB?
For me it would be dining. While your appetite and preferences on the day might change, I find it useful to look at menus for the flight(s), as well as that for the lounge, beforehand - to get an idea of what I may eat and when. Emirates is good at sharing menus in advance for flights and the DXB lounges.

Note that most cooked meals in the lounge take around 10-15 minutes to prepare (in my experience) so knowing in advance can help. For reference, on somewhat shorter connections I've ordered then used the bathroom and/or bought something from the duty free spot and returned in time for the meal.

If eating not a priority then checking out the spa is an option.
 
For me it would be dining. While your appetite and preferences on the day might change, I find it useful to look at menus for the flight(s), as well as that for the lounge, beforehand - to get an idea of what I may eat and when. Emirates is good at sharing menus in advance for flights and the DXB lounges.

Note that most cooked meals in the lounge take around 10-15 minutes to prepare (in my experience) so knowing in advance can help. For reference, on somewhat shorter connections I've ordered then used the bathroom and/or bought something from the duty free spot and returned in time for the meal.

If eating not a priority then checking out the spa is an option.

Are the lounge menus available online? I can see the flight ones
 
Are the lounge menus available online? I can see the flight ones
I posted it in this thread a few years back -- maybe early '23. Have a look back. (I assume the link is still there and updates automatically.)
 

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back
Top