Answered - The Emirates First Experience - What to Expect? | Page 12 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Answered The Emirates First Experience - What to Expect?

SOPOOR

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Well yes... your “400k odd points” were basically free.... unless you deliberately spent $400k on things you didn’t need just for points.... in which case...... you could have bought the flights for less
That's not how serious point collectors /redeemers think

dtaylo25

HK was what someone told me to book to/from to get those prices, but I swear I read an article in teh past 12 months that HK is going to be no longer.......
cant find it via google
I booked back in January so not sure if surcharges have increased or not...hopefully they stayed low!

SOPOOR

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Just confirming for those that flown 777 and A380 on F

the difference according to google is that the 777 seat is a bit smaller, and no bar/shower

how much of a negative is this if you are wanting the full F experience?

diningdecadence

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map

the difference according to google is that the 777 seat is a bit smaller, and no bar/shower

The novelty factor is pretty high with the shower and bar.

777 less seats so arguably more attentive service, although I’ve never been in a full a380 cabin.

What’s your routing? Could you do both?

SOPOOR

Established Member
AFF Supporter
The novelty factor is pretty high with the shower and bar.

777 less seats so arguably more attentive service, although I’ve never been in a full a380 cabin.

What’s your routing? Could you do both?
yes the shower and bar is an amazing feature,

im currently looking at some flights one way, however to get both A380 means a 12 hr stop over in dubai, the 4hr stop over option, is a 777 for 8 hours

so im tossing up what to do!

a first world problem to have!

diningdecadence

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
yes the shower and bar is an amazing feature,

im currently looking at some flights one way, however to get both A380 means a 12 hr stop over in dubai, the 4hr stop over option, is a 777 for 8 hours

so im tossing up what to do!

a first world problem to have!
Been to Dubai before? What’s the timing of the stopover (morning arvo etc)? That’s probably long enough for a first time visitor to check off a few of the sites and get some vitamin d etc.

4 hours between flights in the F lounge is probably more like 2 after transit and then boarding, but still long enough imo. Shower, massage, meal and a walk and you’re done.

SOPOOR

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Been to Dubai before? What’s the timing of the stopover (morning arvo etc)? That’s probably long enough for a first time visitor to check off a few of the sites and get some vitamin d etc.

4 hours between flights in the F lounge is probably more like 2 after transit and then boarding, but still long enough imo. Shower, massage, meal and a walk and you’re done.
I have not been to dubai before ,but would love to,
ideally at least 3 nights, however unfortunately, I have the options of 4 hour Stop over (Mix 777/380), 12 hour stop over arrive 4am leave 4pm (A380), 17 hour stop over arrive 11pm, leave 4pm (A380)

my ideal would be the 4 hr stop over but with 380/380, but that isnt the case :(

appreciate your input

Flying mermaid

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum
Flights
My Map

The shower is wonderful - just a very different experience. Apart from that (and the bar although we never go to it), there is really no difference and I have come to prefer the smaller 777 cabin, because the staff seem to have more time to chat.

VPS

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
I did ADL DXB in the 777 and it was only half full and got a better crew. I did DXB LHR in the 380 and the shower was just amazing - the bar was OK. I think it F there isn't a lot of difference. In J there is huge difference and I wouldn't do J in a 777 again unless I can help it

kermatu

AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum 1
Virgin
Platinum
I too (marginally) prefer the 777 overall. Fewer pax and better attention from crew, plus I never schlep it to the bar with J pax when in F.

That said, having two extra large bathrooms on the A380 is nice even if you don't use the shower. So much easier to change or freshen up with space and make full use of the supplied amenities.

Ideal is an A380 with a very lightly loaded F cabin - which I have fortunately experienced on a majority of my F flights!

SOPOOR

Established Member
AFF Supporter
The shower is wonderful - just a very different experience. Apart from that (and the bar although we never go to it), there is really no difference and I have come to prefer the smaller 777 cabin, because the staff seem to have more time to chat.
I did ADL DXB in the 777 and it was only half full and got a better crew. I did DXB LHR in the 380 and the shower was just amazing - the bar was OK. I think it F there isn't a lot of difference. In J there is huge difference and I wouldn't do J in a 777 again unless I can help it
thanks for the feedback folks,

both 777 and a380 look amazing

the novlety of having a shower onboard plus not having to sit in your seat the entire trip and wondering down to the bar sounds like a huge PLUS

being the first and potentially the last time I will fly emirates, I thought I would go all out !:)

I dont mind not leaving dubai airport, as one day I will go and visit properly for a full week!

jase05

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Platinum
thanks for the feedback folks,

both 777 and a380 look amazing

the novlety of having a shower onboard plus not having to sit in your seat the entire trip and wondering down to the bar sounds like a huge PLUS

being the first and potentially the last time I will fly emirates, I thought I would go all out !:)

I dont mind not leaving dubai airport, as one day I will go and visit properly for a full week!
The newer Emirates 777 F looks amazing if you can score that for one of the legs

Max Samuels

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Gold
Lol... who wants to chat to the staff when you can sit at the bar?
Take your own bottle of Dom to the bar, and share it with your drinking buddies... make friends fast!

Flying mermaid

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Lol... who wants to chat to the staff when you can sit at the bar?
Take your own bottle of Dom to the bar, and share it with your drinking buddies... make friends fast!
No thanks - I have enough real friends - we don’t need drinking buddies. :) I like talking to flight attendants - they are often very interesting people from diverse countries.

Max Samuels

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Gold
I have enough real friends...
Ok great....

I like talking to flight attendants....
But what about your real friends??? You do realise that talking to a random at the bar is the same as talking to the random flight attendant EXCEPT the random at the bar isn't a prisoner and being forced to listen to passenger stories :) There are also FAs in the bar itself so it is possible to chat to randoms from all walks of life!

Flying mermaid

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Ok great....

But what about your real friends??? You do realise that talking to a random at the bar is the same as talking to the random flight attendant EXCEPT the random at the bar isn't a prisoner and being forced to listen to passenger stories :) There are also FAs in the bar itself so it is possible to chat to randoms from all walks of life!
I think this is a silly argument - I don’t like bars, you are free to be different.

Max Samuels

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Gold
I think this is a silly argument - I don’t like bars, you are free to be different.
It's not silly. Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't make it silly....

I think that in the context of "what to expect from Emirates First Class" - a question asked by someone that has never flown it, under-selling the bar, and instead opting to talk to cabin crew (who won't be interested in talking to you anyway), is really poor advice.

Feel free to be different :)

It's not silly. Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't make it silly....
No, but the way you express it does.

Hardly "poor advice" given that the reasons for offering it have been clearly stated and can be factored in by anyone capable of thinking for themselves.

AFF on Air Podcast

• Are Loyalty Programs a Scam? – AIR020
    Sat, 21 Sep 2019 08:36:18 AEST
      The ACCC recently released a damning draft report into Australian loyalty schemes, calling out practices that it says may shock consumers and putting loyalty program opera ...
  • Air Chathams – AIR019
    Sat, 07 Sep 2019 16:41:06 AEST
      With less than two weeks until the upcoming Qantas Frequent Flyer changes, now is the time to make any last-minute Classic Flight Reward bookings! In this episode, Matt ch ...
  • Project Sunrise – AIR018
    Sat, 24 Aug 2019 16:12:31 AEST
      Later this year, Qantas will decide which aircraft it will use to operate non-stop flights from the east coast of Australia to London and New York - a feat it aims to achi ...
  • Choosing a Rewards Program – AIR017
    Sat, 10 Aug 2019 13:32:24 AEST
      If you're new to the world of frequent flyer points - or moving to a new country - it can be difficult to know where to start. In this episode, Matt discusses the consider ...
  • Travel Insurance – AIR016
    Sat, 27 Jul 2019 07:34:12 AEST
      They say that if you can't afford travel insurance, you can't afford to travel! In this episode, Matt chats to James Green about the importance of travel insurance, and wh ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fosking