Answered - The Emirates First Experience - What to Expect? | Page 11 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Answered The Emirates First Experience - What to Expect?

kermatu

AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum 1
Virgin
Platinum
By the time you get ready and they finish early, you get about 12.5 minutes. Is 'something' better than 'nothing'? Perhaps. BA does ok with some of their 15 minute treatments, but this isn't quite in the same league.
I had at least 20 minutes actual service both of mine last year. Very relaxing and had great therapists. I think they were glad to have something(one) to do.

kermatu

AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum 1
Virgin
Platinum
The P1's and their first world problems ;). I on the other hand much prefer F and of no particular order F in JL, CX, QR, SQ F (777) and QF (sleeping) over EK or SQ suites, I am just not a big fan of doors and don't know what all the fuss is about.
Normally keep the doors open as it is private enough that way, but nice to have the option.

MEL_Traveller

Enthusiast
AFF Supporter
I think they were glad to have something(one) to do.
Ha! One time last year I went to make a booking at midnight and they told me the first available time was 4.15am!! It was very quiet in there. I suspect they just wanted to have a sleep :(

SOPOOR

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Been reading this thread,

for a Melbournite going to Europe or Dubai Return in F A380l

ive got Qantas/Velocity and not enough emirates points

is the cheapest way still using qantas and paying the very high surcharge/taxes of $1500 ish?

GoldCanyon340

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum 1
Flights
My Map
is the cheapest way still using qantas and paying the very high surcharge/taxes of $1500 ish?
I'd maybe look at positioning to other ports and checking the fees from there. But it's a great product and I've never cared about the co-payment when travelling on award fares ex-Aus.

SOPOOR

Established Member
AFF Supporter
I'd maybe look at positioning to other ports and checking the fees from there. But it's a great product and I've never cared about the co-payment when travelling on award fares ex-Aus.
positioning as in, catching a non EK F flight to say asia, and then flying from there?
and vice versa?

SOPOOR

Established Member
AFF Supporter
will that reduce my points/tax-surcharge combination lower than the proportion of the distance travelled?

ie if i go to asia with a different method, will the points/tax-surcharges drop by more than 50% for example, since im essentially only travelling half the distance in EK

dtaylo25

To put the $1500 surcharge from Australia in perspective my partner and I are paying $242 each for our Qantas booked Emirates reward flights - 1st class from HK to Dubai and Business on to Rome - so much less than 50%

SOPOOR

Established Member
AFF Supporter
To put the $1500 surcharge from Australia in perspective my partner and I are paying $242 each for our Qantas booked Emirates reward flights - 1st class from HK to Dubai and Business on to Rome - so much less than 50%
HK was what someone told me to book to/from to get those prices, but I swear I read an article in teh past 12 months that HK is going to be no longer.......
cant find it via google

rock86

Established Member
Who's paying $1,500 in surcharges? Fuel surcharges are about $580 one-way from Aus to Europe in EK J/F

Last edited:

Max Samuels

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Gold
According to Bob from Dapto EK F is trash. He’d prefer the Dapto RSL

• Haha
Reactions: Ade

SOPOOR

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Who's paying $1,500 in surcharges? Fuel surcharges are about $580 one-way from Aus to Europe in EK J/F
sorry folks I was referring to return costs
ive done a few mock bookings via qantas and virgin and each time its been $1300-$1500 return

Max Samuels

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Gold
Well yes... your “400k odd points” were basically free.... unless you deliberately spent $400k on things you didn’t need just for points.... in which case...... you could have bought the flights for less

AFF on Air Podcast

• Air Chathams – AIR019
    Sat, 07 Sep 2019 16:41:06 AEST
      With less than two weeks until the upcoming Qantas Frequent Flyer changes, now is the time to make any last-minute Classic Flight Reward bookings! In this episode, Matt cha ...
  • Project Sunrise – AIR018
    Sat, 24 Aug 2019 16:12:31 AEST
      Later this year, Qantas will decide which aircraft it will use to operate non-stop flights from the east coast of Australia to London and New York – a feat it aims to ach ...
  • Choosing a Rewards Program – AIR017
    Sat, 10 Aug 2019 13:32:24 AEST
      If you’re new to the world of frequent flyer points – or moving to a new country – it can be difficult to know where to start. In this episode, Matt discusses the con ...
  • Travel Insurance – AIR016
    Sat, 27 Jul 2019 07:34:12 AEST
      They say that if you can’t afford travel insurance, you can’t afford to travel! In this episode, Matt chats to James Green about the importance of travel insurance, and ...
  • The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episode ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kisana