The Dreaded EDR Cancellation Letter - One last Tango

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattyana2003

Got the infamous cancellation letter today. Been going a bit hard for the last few months. Does anybody know if you can keep spending and more importantly getting points for the 21 days written on the letter until the card is cancelled? I'll miss it just wanted to take it out for one last tango........

Do you have another family member to do a new $89 touch down?
I think you do still have some time left to run up some points before you change the card over.

My partner got the letter last month, and he stopped using it, so can't help you with an answer. Have signed up for a supplementary card on my account. Think that in future I'll be making the ATO payments once a month instead of once a quarter to spread them out a bit...

I gave my card a rest from the ATO in June as we had plenty of personal expenses to pay. My planB is to get my wife a card if the dreaded letter comes my way. Plan C and D would be to use my sons cards so there are 3 alternatives.

Woolies/HSBC are a bit titchy about us running up truckloads of point a dollar Qantas points paying ATO bills.
Several have received a goodbye letter.

Yes that might be it. I typically do up to $15000 a time but never more tha twice a month and I do give them some stuff that would be profitable with a wide range of personal expenses.

Woolies/HSBC are a bit titchy about us running up truckloads of point a dollar Qantas points paying ATO bills.
Several have received a goodbye letter.

Abuse in numbers?

Taxpayers felt they were being abused by the Tax Office. Then about 4 years ago we were offered a credit card option.
Now the credit card companies are moving away from allowing points by whatever means they can think of and a cancellation letter can really hurt.

As my EDR card was cancelled I decided not to risk the points with one last tango before my 21 days cancellation came up. Does any one know if this now precludes me from applying for any other HSBC cards? I guess I might be blacklisted with HSBC. Don't know.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back