The Best Seats (According to the Weekend Australian) | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

The Best Seats (According to the Weekend Australian)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mal

AFF Supporter
Joined
Dec 25, 2004
Messages
12,253
Flights
My Map
Travel | Best seats

Attempts to recommend some of the better carriers for various categories of seats and best places to sit on the plane.

Eg:
MOST COMFORTABLE SEATS
BEST BUSINESS SEATS
SAFEST SEATS
Etc.
 

JohnK

AFF Supporter
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
41,001
Mal said:
Attempts to recommend some of the better carriers for various categories of seats and best places to sit on the plane.
I think it is a good article. Did the journalist use AFF for research? The points raised and answers provided are relevant based on the type of questions posted on AFF recently!
 

simongr

Enthusiast
Joined
Jul 10, 2006
Messages
14,229
Its amazing to think that a few months ago that would all have been a revelation to me - but not any more. The thing that it didnt stress much was the relevance of status. I think some people will be annoyed after having read that and prepared themsleves for a good seat only to find that they cant get the "good seats".
 

dajop

AFF Supporter
Joined
Jul 1, 2002
Messages
8,993
Flights
My Map
JohnK said:
I think it is a good article. Did the journalist use AFF for research? The points raised and answers provided are relevant based on the type of questions posted on AFF recently!
Right down to the comment on " .... unavailable to the great unwashed."

Not a term I hear used all that frequently in general usage, except on AFF. But maybe that's because when I'm not travelling for work, I am part of the great unwashed....
 

aus_flyer

Established Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2005
Messages
1,361
One comment that I found interesting was that "it is quieter in front of the engines"

Does anyone agree with this?
 

NM

Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
15,786
Flights
My Map
odoherty said:
One comment that I found interesting was that "it is quieter in front of the engines"

Does anyone agree with this?
Yes, I would agree with that. But not just for the reasons that appear obvious. One reason is that the premium cabins and premium seating tend to be at the front of the aircraft, which tends to be occupied by people who don't make a lot of noise.

Also note that for aircraft like DC9, MD80, 717, 727, they are absolutely correct. You definitely don't want a seat behind the engines on those aircraft types :shock: .
 

aus_flyer

Established Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2005
Messages
1,361
NM said:
Also note that for aircraft like DC9, MD80, 717, 727, they are absolutely correct. You definitely don't want a seat behind the engines on those aircraft types :shock: .
What about 747 and A330?
 

swissbignose

Member
Joined
May 5, 2003
Messages
145
NM said:
Nowhere near as bad as being seated behind the engines on those types I noted.
Me thinks your subtle observation has been missed... it was probably the specific use of the emoticon... a smiley face may have been better!
 

NM

Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
15,786
Flights
My Map
swissbignose said:
Me thinks your subtle observation has been missed... it was probably the specific use of the emoticon... a smiley face may have been better!
Hmm, I must be getting old. Normally my subtlety is compared with objects such as house bricks :shock: :shock: :p :)
 

swissbignose

Member
Joined
May 5, 2003
Messages
145
There's nothing better than subtle humour...

After all, you could have done the "Hollywood statement" which explained your point in detail for the benefit of the audience....
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
80,830
Messages
1,859,873
Members
48,665
Latest member
Linda Joy
Top