Taxi cost at MEL | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Taxi cost at MEL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chucksta

Thinking about flying from PER to MEL for the day to attend the avalon airshow (20-25 march 2007).

How much will a taxi cost from MEL airport (QF domestic) to Avalon airport?
How long will it take?

I know JQ fly to avalon but the flight does not arrive early enough.

thanks

Chucksta

NM

Enthusiast
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
Chucksta said:
Thinking about flying from PER to MEL for the day to attend the avalon airshow (20-25 march 2007).

How long will it take?

thanks

Chucksta
It would probably be cheaper to hire a car for the day rather than use taxis each way. And getting a tax back from AVV at the end of the day may not be an easy task.

Also note that you take the bus to the city and then a train out to AVV. There will be shuttle buses from the nearest station (can't remember its name).

Taxi cost will be unpredictable. Some years the traffic on the Princes Highway around AVV has been a major nightmare, so you could be stuck for 30 mins or more with the meter clicking over faster than the odometer. If traffic is clear, I would guess you are looking at $80 each way at best. According to Whereis.com, its 65km and 43 mins to drive from MEL to AVV.

Credit cards which earn frequent flyer points is a popular way to earn frequent flyer points. You can receive thousands of points on everyday spend. And, many of these cards offer generous signup bonuses! Compare to find the credit card that best suits your needs.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

tuapekastar

Established Member
Flights
My Map
Chucksta said:

How long will it take?

thanks

Chucksta
I haven't been to the airshow, but have heard some horror traffic stories from some who have. As NM posted, a train from Southern Cross (formerly Spencer St) station to Lara would probably be be the better alternative, time permitting.

Refer the AVV airshow website for a few more details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Becklez