Taxes and charges not charged

Discussion in 'United Mileage Plus' started by StevePER, Jan 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. StevePER

StevePER Established Member

Oct 17, 2004
    PER
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Twitter:
    I made an award reservation three weeks ago, the tickets have been issued, but no sign of the taxes and charges appearing on my credit card. United's call centre (helpful as ever) tell me that any issues with my credit card should be taken up with the credit card issuing company. At least I tried to tell them...

I wonder if someone else has been charged instead? :confused:

2. one9

one9 Active Member

Sep 14, 2005
    I find when booking award bookings through Qantas, that sometimes my credit card is not charged until well after the actual flight. (They may pre-authorise it when the booking is made, but not charge till some time later). However on some occassions, they charge close to when the booking is made.

Don't think you have a free booking - you will get charged eventually.

3. StevePER

StevePER Established Member

Oct 17, 2004
    PER
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Twitter:
    To be honest I'm not too fussed about whether I pay for it or not, as long as my booking doesn't suddenly disappear. From dealing with United I can understand why some people like to have paper tickets.

Steve