Take Flight Cashback

Status
Not open for further replies.

daYZman

Hi,

I've recently booked some domestic airfares, worth $1600, in Europe for me and my family using our Gold card. I just found out about Take Flight and I think I'm eligible for cashback. The redemption form asks for "Points to redeem" and "Take Flight Cashback [in dollars]", does anyone know what sort of values I should put in? Can I put in random values like 3000 points and $1600 to get $1600 back? How should the game be played? Thanks for the help in advance.

Michael

The $ box is automatically linked to the Points box. 3000 points = $30 back.

Thanks for the question and answer as I had been wondering this myself.

So the points to dollar conversion rate is always the same? i.e. 10,000 points would equal a $100 cashback?

tinky said:
So the points to dollar conversion rate is always the same? i.e. 10,000 points would equal a $100 cashback?

Yes correct.

just like what everyone before me said.......

1c = 1 point

so your cost of $1600 requires 160,000 points.......

So if 10,000 points = $100 then it looks pathetic.

For example, a one-way US flight on Qantas is 48,000 points plus taxes of approx $250.

48,000 points = $480. That wouldn't get me out of the country!

Is it really that bad?!

For example, a one-way US flight on Qantas is 48,000 points plus taxes of approx $250.

Is it really that bad?!

In that case, and assuming you can get the reward redemption, you would be better off transferring your points to QFF first. It will be interesting to see how things compare once "AnySeat" comes online.

Is it really that bad?!
I have never been a fan of redemptions from the rewards catalogue or cashback offers as they do not appear to offer decent value. Clearly the best redemption options would be flights via a FF program as you suggest but some people would like to take the FF flight award availability issues out of the equation and purchase comfirmed flights instead.

As oz_mark mentioned it would be interesting to see the comparison with the introduction of anyseat awards.

I have never been a fan of redemptions from the rewards catalogue or cashback offers as they do not appear to offer decent value. Clearly the best redemption options would be flights via a FF program as you suggest but some people would like to take the FF flight award availability issues out of the equation and purchase comfirmed flights instead.

As oz_mark mentioned it would be interesting to see the comparison with the introduction of anyseat awards.

Most of the credit card reward programs tend to return 1% of your spend as a reward, which is nt surprising given how much they make out of the transaction fees. This works out to 1c for each dollar you spend. I would expect that anyseat will work out at around 1c per FF point, but let us see.

Just went to use the Take-FLight promtoion and found out they have now changed it. :mad:

You used to get $50 for every 5000 points now instead you can only get $30 for every 5000 points. Almost half the amount !!?!?!?!? :mad::mad::mad:

I called them up and was told the change took place on 18 July 2008 and there was no grace period, it took effect straight away.

Whats more I wasnt informed that the change was going to take place!!.:evil:

Is there anything I can do, my points are now worth almost half what they were worth on 17 July ?

Move them to your FF program.

And, if you're really angry, close your Citibank cards.

I only have 250,000 CB points

My FF is AA...I guess I have to move them to QF first and then AA however I am not a QF member.

Guess its time to find a new CC.

I only have 250,000 CB points

My FF is AA...I guess I have to move them to QF first and then AA however I am not a QF member.

Except, of course, once in QF that is the end of the line and have to be 'spent' in the QFF program - no way to transfer them to AA from there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back