SYD - Buses to replace trains on airport line this weekend

Discussion in 'Travel News' started by markis10, Apr 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. markis10

markis10 Veteran Member

Nov 25, 2004
    BNE & SYD
    Buses will replace all trains on Sydney’s City Circle and Airport rail lines from 2am on Saturday 26 April until 2am on Monday 28 April.

From Saturday 26 April 02:00 until Monday 28 April 02:00, buses replace trains between Sydenham and the city. Buses will replace trains on the T2 Airport Line services stopping at Sydenham, Wolli Creek, International Airport, Domestic Airport, Mascot, Green Square and Central only. T3 Bankstown Line customers travelling to the City should get off and Sydenham and change to a T4 Illawarra Line service.

http://www.transportnsw.info/en/transport-status/alerts-detail.page?MessageNum=2004750

2. under the radar

under the radar Established Member

Apr 8, 2010
    weekend 'trackwork/maintenance' happens quite often on this line..lots of 'upgrading of infrastructure' going on (I live in Wolli Creek)...but a bit surprised they doing this on a 'long weekend' and end of school hols!!!...or maybe I shouldn't be surprised they are doing this!!! :D

3. moa999

moa999 Senior Member

Jun 23, 2003
    Sydney
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Much cheaper if going to/from airport - no gate fee (or indeed any fee) on replacement buses

• Like Like x 2
  4. under the radar

under the radar Established Member

Apr 8, 2010
    ahhhh...every cloud does have a sliver lining!! :)

5. Intra

Intra Member

Dec 28, 2010
    Brisbane
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    The bus service did its job, got me from A to B (Domestic to Central) without too much hassles. And Yes, being free made it easier on the pocket :) A different way to see Sydney CBD as you travelled through the back streets and the endless amount of traffic lights (Stop-Start-Stop-Start...)

I'll be glad honestly when the trains are up next weekend when I'm back in SYD; The signage IMO was poor, and was confusing when/if a rail bus would show up (Luckily, not much of a wait for the Airport Express once I finally found the stop area for it.)