Supplementary Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaian

Do supplementary card holders (on the Platinum Charge) have a statement showing their expenses? My wife is looking at getting rid of her Explorer/Edge combo with the upcoming devaluation (after transferring her points balance), and we figured we can pool points for now if I give her a supplementary card off my PC.

We generally manage our finances separately (as well as the fact I don't want her seeing just how much I spend on whisky and eating out during work lunches!), so I was hoping that she could tally up her monthly costs and just transfer me the money to pay it off...does she (or I) get a separate statement showing how much was spent on the supplementary card, or is it combined in one statement?

Also for insurance, if she books our flights (points redemption) on her supplementary PC card, will we both still be covered by Amex PC insurance?

It's a combined statement but the statement will start with a heading under which all primary cardholder transactions are listed, followed by a heading for the various supps - so you could just give her the pages that hers are on.

I don’t have this card combination so can’t be sure, but if you applied for the Platinum Reserve companion card, as this is a credit card and a separate product this may come on a separate statement and give you the flexibility you are looking for?

The statements break down by card user, and there is also a handy section on the online activity page that generates a small table as below.

Screen Shot 2019-01-09 at 8.46.05 AM.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah thanks everyone, that looks like it's exactly what I need! Should be easy then, and I can enjoy buying expensive single malts and eating out without a lot of drama!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back