Status Run Help | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Status Run Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ngariman

Hi,

I am hoping that some of the experts here might be able to help I am a Bronze Qantas Club member with 95 Status credits to go till I reach silver, I am hoping that someone out there might be able to recommend. Some status run options.

I know that with my travel that is planed from September this year and next year that I will more than qualify and re-qualify for the status but unfortunately Qantas would not qualify me early when I explained this to them.:(

I would be looking for the cheapest and quickest options.

I live in ADL

Thanks

bammac

Intern
I'm in a similar position although it's tough to justify status runs for us when we both have Qantas Club memberships as well, which negate any other benefits apart from the higher points earning really.

Mind you it's something to go for and that's enough justification for me at the end of the day. That’s why I am heading to AKL for a weekend flying in business. It's by no means my recommendation for the best SC/$ ratio, but I have family in AKL and do not have any interest in flying to Canberra!!!

Others, I have read, have been more than happy flying to Sydney and doing the Sydney to Canberra run a few times in J to achieve enough SC's.

Good luck. My advice is to book something you will enjoy as well.

Dave Noble

I really wouldn't spend time doing a status run in your case. You get QC check in and Silver status won't really give you much in the way of benefits that would make spending a few hundred $ on imo

Just wait till september when you will make it with your planned travel and use the saved money in more useful ways.

Dave

aus_flyer

Established Member
I agree with Dave. I wouldn't bother, unless you have a reasonable amount of overseas travel planned with other OW carriers - in which case (depending on the carrier) OW ruby may give you priority checkin.
Apart from that, I don't see any real benefit apart from a couple of extra FF points.

Kiwi Flyer

Another vote for don't bother the small additional points (from silver status vs QC NB) are simply not worth it.

bigjobs

keep your hard earned. it's too hard to come by to go giving to the likes of qantas.

dajop

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Agreed with all above. Don't give your $$$ to QF. The only significant benefit that QC Silver gets above a QC Bronze is 25% points bonus.

To recover the $600 you would need to get your 95 SC's (ie five returns to Kangaroo Island from ADL), you need to get at least an extra 30,000 pts from the 25% bonus. This would mean flying 120,000 miles in your next set of flights. And by the time you flew 120,000 miles you would be at least gold, if not platinum!

Commuter

As others have already said, I wouldn't bother if I were you (and I speak as someone in a similar situation to you).

JohnK

AFF Supporter
Ngariman said:
I am hoping that some of the experts here might be able to help I am a Bronze Qantas Club member with 95 Status credits to go till I reach silver, I am hoping that someone out there might be able to recommend. Some status run options.

I know that with my travel that is planed from September this year and next year that I will more than qualify and re-qualify for the status but unfortunately Qantas would not qualify me early when I explained this to them.:(
As you may have already gathered there are no quick and cheap options for status runs from ADL.

In my opinion it is not worth spending money to get the extra 95 SC's if you are already QC member and you are going to make more than enough SC's to qualify Silver next anniversary year it may be best to save the money and energy and attempt to reach Gold in your next anniversary year.

Gold benefits are definitely much better than Silver....

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFF on Air Podcast

• The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episode ...
  • Qantas Frequent Flyer Changes – AIR014
    Sat, 29 Jun 2019 00:40:35 AEST
      Last week, Qantas announced a major shake-up to its Qantas Frequent Flyer program. In this episode, former Head of Loyalty at Malaysia Airlines, Mark Ross-Smith, joins Matt ...
  • jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ciri