Starwood Points Transfer Question

Discussion in 'Your Questions' started by JamesF, Apr 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
(Click HERE for a welcome message from our founder.)

Our site contains tons of information that is guaranteed to improve your travel experience. Be it tips on how to fly in First/Business at a reduced cost, smart ways to earn more points, the best way to use your points, cheap deals, hand-picked hotel recommendations, detailed trip reports.

We hope you find the information useful and decide to join our online community.

Joining AFF is fast, simple and ABSOLUTELY FREE - so why not join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear freeing up more space on your screen!
And you will see fewer advertisements :)

1. JamesF

JamesF Intern

Apr 15, 2005
    SYD
    Hi all,

Does anybody here know if you can transfer Starwood SPG points to the FF points account of someone else? My wife has AA miles and would like to transfer my starpoints to her account for a top-up.

If not, only way i can see is to transfer to an AA account in my name then pay AA $$$ to transfer to her. Unfortunately AA doesnt have the family transfer like QF does. :(

Thanks in advance for your advice.
    Advertisement

James

2. kpc

kpc Senior Member

Mar 11, 2003
    Sydney
    Set up a starwood account in your wife's name...you can transfer SPG points between accounts in the same household (i.e have same address). You will need to ring up the SPG service centre to do this...onec the points are in your wife's SPG account, you can transfer them to wherever :D

3. JamesF

JamesF Intern

Apr 15, 2005
    SYD
    thanks

thanks kpc. sounds like that'll do the trick. :)

cheers
    james