St George Amplify Signature - up to 200,000 Amplify points (PointHacks) | Page 2 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

St George Amplify Signature - up to 200,000 Amplify points (PointHacks)

Demonoid

50k Velocity points for $0 in the first year is still something for nothing - and well worth it if you are chasing velocity points.

Kangol

Established Member
I hate this emerging trend of making you hold the card for greater than 12 months to get the maximum bonus available.
Without being too specific, in a general sense, the card account and the linked rewards program account are not the same thing. That's all.

Have any Vic or SA residents, as listed in your application, successfully received the St George branded card?
I was told that if you are in Vic, it automatically gets branded as BoM.
If in SA, Bank SA.
Only St George branded if you are in NSW.
Yes, I know they are the *same* bank.

Just after personal experiences...

GSP

From Victoria I have received St.George branded cards (4 times).

Kangol

Established Member
Thanks for your responses.

Went to the linked St George site for this card:
Amplify Signature | St.George

Of note:
*Amplify Signature Bonus Points Offer: To be eligible to receive up to 200,000 bonus Amplify points over 2 years, you must apply and be approved for a new Amplify Signature Credit Card between 24th January and 6th March 2019. You'll receive 100,000 bonus Amplify points when you spend a minimum amount of $12,000 on eligible purchases on the credit card within the first 12 months from card approval. You'll receive an additional 100,000 bonus Amplify points in the second year of your credit account being open, if you spend a minimum of $12,000 on eligible purchases within the subsequent year. If you do not meet the minimum spend in one year, you forfeit the bonus points for that year only, however you are still eligible for bonus points in subsequent years if you meet the minimum spend in subsequent years during the promotional period. Eligible purchases do not include BPAY or BPAY equivalent transactions, fees, cash, cash equivalent transactions, refunds, balance transfers debited from the card account, government fees and ATO payments. Existing customers who currently hold a Amplify Platinum or Amplify Signature card issued by St.George, Bank of Melbourne or BankSA, or who have held one in the last 12 months, are not eligible for this offer. The bonus points will be credited to your points balance within 12 weeks after the eligible spend criteria is met. Interest free days do not apply to credit cards with balance transfers, you'll be charged the applicable purchase rate on any spend that you make whilst you have an outstanding balance transfer.

Kangol

Established Member
Check the other thread. Same card, different rewards program, likely a sign of things to come.
When has a purchase earned regular points but been deemed ineligible spend for a bonus?

Flights
My Map
Would I be correct in assuming that of all the St George Amplify Signature sign on bonus offers floating about at the moment this offer would be most lucrative bonus pts wise? (Bearing in mind $0 Ann Fee in 1st year)

Flights
My Map
Yes it is a winner CE. Get Ette and Ettelings onboard along with all their eligible partners.
cove we ALL are onboard - I have husband and wife couple friends who afters years of FF pts denial have now decided to climb aboard so I just want to steer them to best current available offers.

cove

Enthusiast
My son in Madrid is the only one not onboard CE. Just too hard to sign him up while he is going travelling every few days.

Does anyone know if the 1st year bonus points will be credited shortly after hitting the $12k spend, so I can cancel the card before the second year and pay no annual fee,
OR are they credited after the end of the first year meaning that you have to pay the second year fee to get any bonus points?

Dr Ralph

Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
Does anyone know if the 1st year bonus points will be credited shortly after hitting the $12k spend, so I can cancel the card before the second year and pay no annual fee,
OR are they credited after the end of the first year meaning that you have to pay the second year fee to get any bonus points?
I'd suspect soon after reaching the required spend, rather than at the end of the year. But the terms aren't clear on this.

Reactions: Oxy

bigray73

Flights
My Map
Hi, I know that points have been awarded for payments to our fiscal friend but does anyone know about whether points are awarded for payments to Government agencies such as land tax and rates given the exclusion of government fees in the T & Cs?

Scr77

Hi, I know that points have been awarded for payments to our fiscal friend but does anyone know about whether points are awarded for payments to Government agencies such as land tax and rates given the exclusion of government fees in the T & Cs?
Points for everything.

Without being too specific, in a general sense, the card account and the linked rewards program account are not the same thing. That's all.

Have any Vic or SA residents, as listed in your application, successfully received the St George branded card?
I was told that if you are in Vic, it automatically gets branded as BoM.
If in SA, Bank SA.
Only St George branded if you are in NSW.
Yes, I know they are the *same* bank.

Just after personal experiences...
I am in Vic and have StG card. StG who I applied to.

Had to go into a BoM to prove identity.

AFF on Air Podcast

• Indian Pacific & Other Epic Train Journeys – AIR027
    Sat, 11 Jan 2020 02:31:00 AEDT
      In this episode, we take a brief detour from the aviation discussion to talk about train travel! There's something nice - perhaps even romantic - about long-distance train ...
  • Status Runs – AIR026
    Sat, 14 Dec 2019 07:15:21 AEDT
      If you're a little bit short of the next airline status tier, a status run can get you over the line. In this episode, learn about the best status runs with Virgin Austral ...
  • British Airways Executive Club – AIR025
    Sat, 30 Nov 2019 22:53:26 AEDT
      Many Australians join Qantas Frequent Flyer by default. But even if you fly with Qantas regularly, you could benefit by using the British Airways Executive Club frequent f ...
  • Married Segments & More – AIR024
    Sat, 16 Nov 2019 04:32:20 AEDT
      Airlines seem to love married segments, but for frequent flyers and travel agents they can be extremely frustrating. Sometimes you'll find an award seat on a flight you w ...
  • HARS (Historic Aircraft Restoration Society) – AIR023
    Sat, 02 Nov 2019 13:24:03 AEDT
      The Historic Aircraft Restoration Society (HARS) boasts a collection of over 60 aircraft, including a retired Qantas 747, Super Constellation and DC-3s. John Travolta's Bo ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mattman92