St george 30kpt no annual fee

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just got my card approved on 23/09. I am going to try and ask if i can still get the 30k pts

A number of important points not mentioned by or not made clear by the original poster of this deal and definitely matters which need to be considered by those contemplating this card:

1) Existing St.George customers who currently hold an Amplify Platinum or Amplify Signature card or who have held one in the last 12 months, are not eligible for this offer.

2) No annual fee for the first year only.

3) You need to spend $2500 within 90 days from card approval to receive the points.

4) There is more than one card to choose from. The Platinum card has a lower minimum credit limit compared to the Signature Card. But the Signature card comes with additional features/bonuses such as 2 x Qantas Club passes. The Signature card has a higher annual fee - but this wont be a problem until the second year.

Last edited:
Thanks. Anyone know what the minimum income requirements are for the signature?

Thanks. Anyone know what the minimum income requirements are for the signature?

Not sure, but must be reasonably high as the minimum credit limit is $15,000.

My guess would be around $70,000 for the income level.

1) Existing St.George customers who currently hold an Amplify Platinum or Amplify Signature card or who have held one in the last 12 months, are not eligible for this offer.

I closed my previous card earlier this year so I wouldn't qualify but Bank of Melbourne has the same promo: https://www.bankofmelbourne.com.au/personal/credit-cards/rewards

Since I'm not an "Existing Bank of Melbourne customers who currently hold an Amplify Platinum or Amplify Signature card or who have held one in the last 12 months" I wonder if I qualify

My guess is no but wouldn't hurt to ask except you need it in writing some how to be safe

I closed my previous card earlier this year so I wouldn't qualify but Bank of Melbourne has the same promo: https://www.bankofmelbourne.com.au/personal/credit-cards/rewards

Since I'm not an "Existing Bank of Melbourne customers who currently hold an Amplify Platinum or Amplify Signature card or who have held one in the last 12 months" I wonder if I qualify

If you have a look at the previous offering of this card:

http://www.australianfrequentflyer....s/st-george-amplify-signature-card-65290.html

the answer was no.

Thanks for the post, not sure if the 30k points is enough to get me to apply for this one though. There are a lot of other higher paying offers out at the moment. The ANZ one comes to mind as also free for first year and 75k points.

Thanks for the post, not sure if the 30k points is enough to get me to apply for this one though. There are a lot of other higher paying offers out at the moment. The ANZ one comes to mind as also free for first year and 75k points.
The ANZ one is definitely the best. But I can't see many other offers that are much better than this at the moment. The key is the annual fee waiver. You could get a card like the CitiBank one: $199 annual fee for 50,000 bonus FF points. But that means you are effectively paying $199 to get 20,000 more points than what this card is offering. 20,000 points are not worth $199. I've already had AMEX, ANZ, Westpac and NAB cards this year, so my options are dwindling. This card seems ok for a little points top-up ;-)

Most people here probably already had the ANZ card and can't apply for another 12 months.
Since I had the Westpac one as well (when it was still 40k points) this does actually look like the best offer to me, provided I qualify for the points (I will give them a call to check).

I (like most here) have held a ANZ card within the last 12 months- in fact, still holding it now. Once it's gone (and the spend on my soon to arrive Westpac Black is close), This will be the best value for money for me then.

Anyone not going for the signature card (assuming you meet the income threshold)?
I applied for the signature card and was successful. Card is on its way :) I guess the only reason you wouldn't is if you don't want to have too much available credit, as it may impact your ability to get other cards... Signature card has a minimum credit of $15,000.

Why not? Still at● friendly isn't it?

I (like most here) have held a ANZ card within the last 12 months- in fact, still holding it now. Once it's gone (and the spend on my soon to arrive Westpac Black is close), This will be the best value for money for me then.
do you mind telling me what is the $ conversion to krisflyer miles on the anz card?

Applied and approved for 15k within an hour. 2 lounge passes & 30k qff pts is nice for spending money you would anyway :)

Most people here probably already had the ANZ card and can't apply for another 12 months.
Since I had the Westpac one as well (when it was still 40k points) this does actually look like the best offer to me, provided I qualify for the points (I will give them a call to check).

Interested in finding out how you went with this and being eligible for the bonus points as I'm in the same situation being an existing Westpac customer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back