SQ Tips, Trips and Tales

Just managed to change a reserved redemption booking next June. Originally the transit AMS-SIN-SYD involved a 3 day stopover if I wanted time between flights to shower, etc. 3 days was too long but a waitlist just changed to available so now arrival SIN 0530 and 19.5hr transit with 0045 dep.
Suggestions how to fill the transit time incl some relax time in these parameters?
 
Question for boomy? How do you stop yourself from finishing a full bottle of Krug before lunch?

Answer - Cop a flight where they are serving Cristal - that’ll certainly put the brakes on 👎

IMG_3972.jpegIMG_3973.jpeg

So what thread was someone asking about pushing the call button on SQ? Check the time? Approve 1hr after 238 dep:

IMG_3976.png

And;

IMG_3979.jpeg

And after next refill:

IMG_3981.jpeg

Dead injun (can I still say that) - boomy ground breaking news here 👍

Or should I go with ‘There’s a hole in my bucket Dear Liza Dear Liza’ - NB - The grownups will get that 👍
 
Last edited:
When is it moving upstairs? is there an opening date?
 
Where is that pesky ‘cat’ chick who floats around here?

IMG_3995.jpeg

Yep Champs served n plastic flutes and yes I did drink that one instead of wasting it.

S (PY) totally full today so could not scope it out any further for you 👍
 
No SQ Concierge buggy ride for me today - we arrived T2 at gate F54 - Concierge was waiting for me but SQ only have 3 buggies and all we’re deployed so Concierge ‘escorted’ me on foot onto Sky Train to T3 then all the way into TPR 👍

Bugger - F54 right through T1 then to SKL T3 a bit like ‘Round The World’ trip 👍 And tonight 324 to AMS dep A6 which is 100mtrs from foot of escalator - I’ll see if I can talk them into giving me a quick loop of B Concourse then drop me back to A Cluster Gates 👍
 
Lunch on 238 today:

IMG_3996.jpegIMG_3998.jpegIMG_3999.jpegIMG_4001.jpegIMG_4002.jpeg

I don’t do dessert but I do do ice cream and I must apologize for forgetting pics of both the mint choc chip and the double chocolate servings - was getting way into the trip by then and ‘flight fog’ was setting in 👍🥂🍷
 
Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Whilst new TPR will never hold a candle to the original but the quiet relaxing ambience - the sensational professional staff - the quality of F & B offerings etc really make it a wonderful experience to enjoy 👍🥂🍷🥩
 
So check the Pichon offered in TPR - check the label closely

IMG_4045.jpegIMG_4046.jpeg

See the little SQ logo top left of label?

Lounge Manager Albert informs me that the 2005 vintage was best in Pichon history - SQ secured entire parcel that was available for commercial sale - they cellared it for 15 years before offering it exclusively in TPR - this vintage not offered onboard rather only in TPR - est comm value ~$2K/bott - of course I had to sample 1 or a few - just exquisite 👍🍷
 
I love the staff in TPR - just reminiscing with Staff Member Melissa who told me I was the very first pax she ever interacted with in old TPR on her very first day of employment in TPR.

OMG she listed the exact high backed wing chair I would always occupy - she listed the exact table I would always sit for breakfast - and then when she asked what would I like to order I just looked up kinda surprised and said ‘the usual’

She had no idea but scurried out to kitchen and said Me Elite want ‘the usual’ - what is that?

Kitchen staff reeled it off:
  1. Perrier with lemon
  2. English breakfast tea with milk no sugar
  3. Plate of fruit
  4. Strawberry or mango yoghurt
  5. Eggs Benedict but make sure white is cooked / yolk still runny
So this gorgeous girl reeled all this from 10years ago - OMG.

But at that stage I was so lucky to be flying monthly MEL-SIN-PVG/PEK month after month - and all on pts - OMG those were the good old days 👍👍👍
 

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back
Top