SQ Tips, Trips and Tales

Just remembered I have to book at Advantage level because my miles are expiring soon.

Does that work ???? Like Qantas DSC movie tickets ??

So some small improvements..


A decent Gin in business at least and some new plates I guess and a Caramelised Apple Tart in Business Class which as long as it comes with ice-cream or cream is a winner for me!
 
If you book Saver you cannot make changes to the booking. Hence if your miles have expired since you made the booking then they are gone if you cannot fly. Booking Advantage or above gives the option of rescheduling at a cost of us$25, so your expired miles are still in play.

Thanks, wasn't aware of that !!! :)
 
If you book Saver you cannot make changes to the booking. Hence if your miles have expired since you made the booking then they are gone if you cannot fly. Booking Advantage or above gives the option of rescheduling at a cost of us$25, so your expired miles are still in play.
If you book 12 months out with advantage, can you reschedule a further 12 months in advance, or like many other airlines are you still restricted to rescheduling only within the original 12 month window?
 
Elevate your business spending to first-class rewards! Sign up today with code AFF10 and process over $10,000 in business expenses within your first 30 days to unlock 10,000 Bonus PayRewards Points.
Join 30,000+ savvy business owners who:

✅ Pay suppliers who don’t accept Amex
✅ Max out credit card rewards—even on government payments
✅ Earn & transfer PayRewards Points to 10+ airline & hotel partners

Start earning today!
- Pay suppliers who don’t take Amex
- Max out credit card rewards—even on government payments
- Earn & Transfer PayRewards Points to 8+ top airline & hotel partners

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

If you book 12 months out with advantage, can you reschedule a further 12 months in advance, or like many other airlines are you still restricted to rescheduling only within the original 12 month window?
Can't answer that though my guess is as long as there is availability I cannot see why not. After all your initial booking might already be almost 12 months out.
 
If you book Saver you cannot make changes to the booking. Hence if your miles have expired since you made the booking then they are gone if you cannot fly. Booking Advantage or above gives the option of rescheduling at a cost of us$25, so your expired miles are still in play.
Last year I changed a Saver award online. It cost me USD25. I have never booked advantage.

I believe it is discounted awards booked as "Promo", such as "Spontaneous Escapes" that cannot be changed.
 
If you book Saver you cannot make changes to the booking. Hence if your miles have expired since you made the booking then they are gone if you cannot fly. Booking Advantage or above gives the option of rescheduling at a cost of us$25, so your expired miles are still in play.
You can make changes to a saver award, just costs more:

If you book 12 months out with advantage, can you reschedule a further 12 months in advance, or like many other airlines are you still restricted to rescheduling only within the original 12 month window?
No you can't extend that booking out for a further 12 months, otherwise you could indefinitely keep your miles from expiring by continuing to push your flight dates out.
 
Does that work ???? Like Qantas DSC movie tickets ??

So some small improvements..


A decent Gin in business at least and some new plates I guess and a Caramelised Apple Tart in Business Class which as long as it comes with ice-cream or cream is a winner for me!
But still minimal offerings for us teetotallers in J.
 
Finally got a J redemption booked, well reserved really as I will try and change a SIN stopover on return if availability appears. I think 3 nights in SIN might be a bit too long for us. Not back in the 1970's of-course, but now. Advice / opinions?
Depart SYD late May27 and returning late June. As mentioned it is reserved so hoping I can see availability on return for fewer nights in SIN before I lay my points and money down.
My miles expire this month so I am on tenterhooks. As I understand it if points expire in October I have until end of the month.
(KrisFlyer Basic, Elite Silver, Elite Gold members: Miles expire 3 years after being earned — specifically at 23:59 Singapore time on the last day of the equivalent month they were credited. For example, miles earned in April 2025 would expire on 30 April 2028. (Miles from contests expire after just 1 year.)
 
Last edited:
I booked a trip to KUL with fairly late notice to go to the F1 so my flight/CoS choices were limited.

So just to balance some of the J/F content I have just got off a 7 hr SIN-MEL flight in Y. It was actually quite bearable. However I chose not to photograph my VGML bean curd in sauce with cous-cous meal. 🤔 😉
 
I booked a trip to KUL with fairly late notice to go to the F1 so my flight/CoS choices were limited.

So just to balance some of the J/F content I have just got off a 7 hr SIN-MEL flight in Y. It was actually quite bearable. However I chose not to photograph my VGML bean curd in sauce with cous-cous meal. 🤔 😉
A day trip from the timings - Economy can be tolerable; just need a reasonable seat, headphones and knowing that you'll be getting off in x hours.
 
Recently did J return SIN-CPH-SIN, on A350-900 LH. Two great flights, perfectly on time and very friendly cabin crew.

The only real disappointing aspect was that departing Singapore there was only one main dessert option (Ice Cream + Chocolate + Macaron) plus the usual cheese selection. But they only loaded the main dessert option for 80% of J passengers, so by the time my wife ended up requesting dessert the only option left was the cheese selection. I know on previous SQ flights when there are multiple dessert options I've had the situation where one of the desserts is heavily preferred by passengers so you're only left with the secondary main dessert option, but for SQ to only load enough main desserts for 80% of passengers seems quite surprising and a bit of a miss in business class. Departing CPH the entree was a non-seafood option which was nice variety from the usual seafood entrees.

Flight over was in Row 11 bulkhead which I probably prefer to Row 19 bulkhead, even though Row 19 is slightly wider in the foot well area. Row 11 was quieter from a galley and toilet perspective, although the flip side on that was the crew didn't necessarily come by to check for re-fills or if we were awake for meal service as often they do when you are further back. Flight back was Row 22, which was fine but definitely noticeable difference in the angled leg space but I noticed the crew were much more attentive in walking through the aisles checking if anyone needed anything, more so than on previous SQ J flights where I sometimes find you need to go find the crew if you want a drink refill when the cabin is dimmed for sleeping.
 
more so than on previous SQ J flights where I sometimes find you need to go find the crew if you want a drink refill when the cabin is dimmed for sleeping.
ZSW the call button is there for a reason and crew will always respond promptly - def no need to go seek them out my friend 👍
 

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back
Top