SQ online booking class and Upgrade redemption

Discussion in 'Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer' started by Evan, May 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. Evan

Evan Established Member

Dec 26, 2006
    SIN / MEL
    Hi,

Since the SQ call center is busy busy i figured somebody would know the answer here (and SQ seems not to like putting too much infomation on its web site either)

I want to make an economy booking MEL-SIN or MEL-SIN-HKG and upgrade to business.

The web site says....
    Economy Class tickets purchased on Singapore Airlines must be booked online in S, Y, B, M or E booking classes to be eligible for the upgrade redemption award.

Ok, so how do i know from the SQ web site what class my online saver or flex fare will book into ?

Also what fare bucket do award upgrades get put into ? (So i can check on EF whats available)

Do the upgrade awards get immediatly action or only 24hr before flight like QF ?

Sorry for the many questions, not very good with SQ/*A things.

Evan

2. Evan

Evan Established Member

Dec 26, 2006
    SIN / MEL
    I did get through the call centre, you have to go right to the end of the process, payment page and choose to see the fare conditions, then it will show you what class.

They also said that 'I' class is the award Y -> J upgrade, which it seems EF does not show :(

E