SPG (Starwood) points conversion from australian visa/mc credit cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris7mpp

Hi is there a credit card in australia that is VISA or MC that allows me to transfer my points to SPG?
I know american express rewards you can transfer to SPG 2:1 but some places don't accept AMEx or charge a high surcharge.
Thanks
Chris

Hi this only gives gold SPG Status. However you cannot transfer your points over to SPG and hence convert your points to SPG Points??

I have been told that if I add a World MasterCard to my Diners both cards points post to my existing account which does indeed let you transfer to SPG.

Hi this only gives gold SPG Status. However you cannot transfer your points over to SPG and hence convert your points to SPG Points??

The status is a bonus, the fact they are a points transfer partner is what you are looking for, mind you the card also comes with some nice airport lounge access privileges:

Starwood Preferred Guest
The Starwood Preferred Guest®(SPG®) program provides remarkable access to over 1,000 hotels and resorts in nearly 100 countries across nine hotel brands. These include Sheraton®, Westin®, W®, Le Méridien®, The Luxury Collection®, St. Regis®, Four Points® by Sheraton, Aloft SM and Element SM. SPG members can redeem Starpoints® for free award nights and for award flights on over 350 airlines - both with no blackout dates.
Sign up for SPG and transfer your Diners Club Reward points to earn Starpoints. Transfers must be in blocks of 3,000 Diners Club Reward points as specified by Diners Club. Reward points may only be redeemed for Starpoints by the Primary Cardholder to their SPG account. Points once redeemed cannot be reversed.
2 Diners Club Reward points = 1 Starpoint
SPG terms and conditions apply, for complete terms, visit SPG.com

Well I was only planning to use the mastercard as most of my suppliers will not accept amex or diners. So you are saying the points I accrue with master card I can transfer them to my SPG account? Do you know what the conversion is? I just cant seem to find it anywhere on the Diners website thats all.

Thats pretty good then. cos you accue 1.25 points per dollar spent. so $1.6 = 2 DC = 1 SPG point. Would this be the best value card currently for SPG?
The only other card is the Amex card and thats $2 = 2 AMEX = 1 SPG point.
So you have to spend more with amex to accrue the same amount of SPG points. Plus more places take MC without surcharge too.
I'm trying to find a way to accue AA and ALASKIAN Airlines miles with spend in australia. With SPG i can convert 1 SPG = 1 MILE to these airlines and get 5000 miles bonus when i redeem 20,000 SPG points or more. Thats like a 25% bonus!! Would you say this is the best way to do it with credit card purchases in australia??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back