Something wrong with Hertz Centurion rates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

exp1k

Platinum is supposed to give a 15% discount and Centurion 20% discount on Hertz.
But while the Platinum rate works and usually gives better rates than most other CDP, the Centurion rate is often 2-3 times more expensive than the Platinum rate.
That only seems to be the case in Australia, when I use it in other countries it seems to work fine.

Am I doing smething wrong or is something wrong with Hertz Australia? My rentals are mostly oneway rentals, for example Canberra to Sydney airport.
The Centurion rate charges oneway fee, airport fee etc, which most other CDPs/no CDP don't charge.
Normal rentals are usually around 50% more expensive when entering the Centurion CDP.

I've just completed a trip with them, no upgrade, very little discounts.
My booking was made with AMEX CENT code.
I'll go with AVIS President Club from now on.

Not sure my problem is the same as yours but I was experiencing very high rates though the Hertz website using the Centurion CDP, and it was my preference settings for Vehicle type, insurance etc etc. I reset all of these for Europe, US & Australia and this cleared up the problem. Definite 20% discount when comparing to rates offered when i don't log in using my profile.

Thanks. But what do you mean by reset? I have to select something (decline/accept, vehicle category, etc), I cannot unselect everything.
I get high rates for all vehicle categories.

Had similar issues last year. Plat disc rate was ok, but I checked against no CDP and got a better rate a couple of times, mostly weekends or more like 5% discount.

In Europe similar issue, initial quote was cheap but when added in insurance was much more expensive. Also didn't realise that I had no insurance on one rental. Have used a few travel dicsount rates and been better off. Stoped using them now, but was also not getting upgrades domestically and even my boss who rents 20-30 times a year wasn't getting upgrades so I didn't feel as bad.

Yes simply decline everything you can. Your centurion card will take care of any excess should the need arise. I used this in France when someone decided to swipe the side of my car while parked :evil: You will need to pay the excess on the spot but you get a refund within a short period.
As for upgrades, my car will often have centurion written on the paperwork hanging from the mirror upon collection (gold canopy Melb or Bris) and i usually book a Camry and have never failed to get an XR6 or a G6, even a little c class on two occasions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back