Something similar to checkmytrip.com?

Discussion in 'Virgin Australia Velocity' started by Commuter, Jul 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. Commuter

Commuter Active Member

Jun 14, 2006
    Hi all,

I'm looking for something similar to checkmytrip.com's Infotriever function in which the system adds flight info to Outlook, but that works on DJ reservations.

If someone knows of such thing, please let me know. Thank you!

2. infoworks

infoworks Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sydney
    My travel agent and I use Sabre and their Virtually There itineries are transportable into AvantGo, Outlook and some other options. I know other systems like Amadeus do similar.

3. Commuter

Commuter Active Member

Jun 14, 2006
    Thanks - I tried Virtually There with my online Virgin Blue booking, but it didn't recognise my booking reference. Any clue as to what I might be doing wrong? It definitely wasn't a typo.

4. infoworks

infoworks Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sydney
    The PNR (reservation code) used by the airline is different from that used by Sabre, etc - it's a pain. If you booked directly with the airline, I don't think you'll be able to use them. I always have a sabre PNR of something like BJJRTZ and a QF PNR of something like ZEIG2M.

QF PNRs are Amadeus linked (hence Checkmytrip) I don't know about DJ. Even with checkmy trip I find they give me 2 PNRs. I am no expert in these things. Hope others can help.

5. Commuter

Commuter Active Member

Jun 14, 2006
    Ah, OK, thanks very much for the explanation! Much appreciated.