Someone needs to remind Citi about the new cancellation request laws!

Status
Not open for further replies.

N860CR

Someone needs to remind Citi about the new cancellation request laws. I’ve asked my “complaints case manager” four times to cancel a card and keep getting excuses like “we didn’t mean to make this error” and “if I close it I won’t be able to reinstate it”. I actually do want the damn thing closed !

I did think that this was illegal now. I wonder what kind of recourse you have, or where you can complain to, under the laws that came in this year?

Next time you call, simply ask for a complaint reference number that you can take to the banking ombudsman, or whatever it’s called these days. They MUST give you one, but they might give you some sweetener to resolve the complaint there and then 😀

I had no problem recently cancelling a VA high flyer card (issued by Citi) online. Took about 4 clicks.

Next time you call, simply ask for a complaint reference number that you can take to the banking ombudsman, or whatever it’s called these days. They MUST give you one, but they might give you some sweetener to resolve the complaint there and then 😀

This is already with the AFCAs complaints person at Citi (who is in the Philippines).

I could cancel it online/over the phone but I’ve had so many months of dealing with their cough that I’m not inclined to make life any easier!

To request your credit card account to be closed through Internet Banking, simply log in, go to
Credit Card Services>Manage My Account>Account Closure Request and follow the prompts.
If you have not used Internet Banking before, you will need to register first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back