Some advice on QFF vs. Marco Polo Club | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Some advice on QFF vs. Marco Polo Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

novacatz

Hi all,

Currently I do a decent amount of intra-asia travelling for business (about 8-12 trips a year in business) -- all on CX.

I also have some personal (economy!) travel to Europe and Australia (about once a year) on deeply discounted tickets. This would happen on whichever airline is cheaper (e.g. I found a special to Europe on BA/QF recently which was quite good).

Something I am considering is moving all my crediting from CX to QF. The reasoning is that currently I only just scrap through to MPC silver level (OW Ruby) each year on MPC but if I put it all on QF -- with their system I have a decent chance at getting to QFF Gold (OW Shappire) or QFF Platinum (OW Emerald). So I think it would be better. Also QFF have a lifetime membership counter which MPC doesn't.

The downsides I see is that I replace the Asia Miles redemption rates (which are quite fair) with the QFF redemption rates (which are frankly, horrible).

Another consideration is that I might not be able to always get the 4 sectors on QF I need to go up the levels. But I think I would be able to modify my travels a bit if I do the switch.

Does anyone have advice in this area? Is this a good idea or is there something I missing?

Kiwi Flyer

Currently QFF doesn't enforce the requirement of 4 QF flights per year. While this seems unlikely to change in the near future, there are no guarantees.

I would guess it depends on what you want out of your FFP - status, awards, upgrades. The latter 2 would seem to count against QFF on your travel pattern since awards more expensive and unable to upgrade CX flights with QFF miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFF on Air Podcast

• Project Sunrise – AIR018
    Sat, 24 Aug 2019 16:12:31 AEST
      Later this year, Qantas will decide which aircraft it will use to operate non-stop flights from the east coast of Australia to London and New York – a feat it aims to ach ...
  • Choosing a Rewards Program – AIR017
    Sat, 10 Aug 2019 13:32:24 AEST
      If you’re new to the world of frequent flyer points – or moving to a new country – it can be difficult to know where to start. In this episode, Matt discusses the con ...
  • Travel Insurance – AIR016
    Sat, 27 Jul 2019 07:34:12 AEST
      They say that if you can’t afford travel insurance, you can’t afford to travel! In this episode, Matt chats to James Green about the importance of travel insurance, and ...
  • The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episode ...
  • Qantas Frequent Flyer Changes – AIR014
    Sat, 29 Jun 2019 00:40:35 AEST
      Last week, Qantas announced a major shake-up to its Qantas Frequent Flyer program. In this episode, former Head of Loyalty at Malaysia Airlines, Mark Ross-Smith, joins Matt ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sammyscrammy