Singapore's Tiger Airways seeks to block Qantas/Jetstar Asia cooperation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yada Yada

Established Member
www.forbes.com said:
Singapore's Tiger Airways seeks to block Qantas/Jetstar Asia cooperation
05.18.2006, 08:28 AM

SINGAPORE (XFN-ASIA) - Budget carrier Tiger Airways said it has asked the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) to reject a proposed cooperation between Qantas Airways and newly-merged Singapore-based budget carriers Jetstar Asia and Valuair.

'While Tiger Airways in principle does not object to reasonable cooperation between airlines, it has expressed its concerns about a proposed cooperation agreement between Qantas and Jetstar Asia/Valuair,' a spokeman for Tiger Airways said.

'The proposed agreement would give Qantas effective control of the network, pricing and products of Jetstar Asia/Valuair,' he said.

More...
I wouldn't have expected the ACCC to be that interested in competitive issues in Asia. And given that Temasek has shares in Jetstar Asia and SQ ownes Tiger Air, I can't see that the Singapore government would be too concerned either.

Transform your lounge room (or any indoor space) into your own private movie theatre in just a few seconds.

Our Mini Pocket Projector is small, light and easily transportable. A must have!

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

JohnK

Veteran Member
Yada Yada said:
I wouldn't have expected the ACCC to be that interested in competitive issues in Asia. And given that Temasek has shares in Jetstar Asia and SQ ownes Tiger Air, I can't see that the Singapore government would be too concerned either.
Valid points and why would the ACCC care about competitive issues in Asia?

I don't think Tiger Airwas has anything to fear as I don't feel Jetstar Asia, even with further help from Qantas, can match their product in the budget category.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackal44