Singapore Airlines Web Booking Frustrations

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by cssaus, Jun 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. cssaus

cssaus Active Member

Dec 13, 2004
    Sydney
    I'm trying to book an itinerary on Singapore Airlines for August as follows:

13/8 SQ220 SYD-SIN dep 8.05am
    13/8 SQ892 SIN-HKG dep 3.25pm
    16/8 SQ859 HKG-SIN dep 1.30pm
    18/8 SQ219 SIN-SYD dep 9.30am

The booking engine throws up 9 possible options but not one of them gives me the exact combinations that I'm after.

A couple of the itineraries give me the flts I want for 13/8 & 16/8 but not the one for 18/8 and another couple give me the flt for 13/8 and 18/8 but not 16/8.

I was using the mult-city option and it's all very frustration because when I entered my requirements into the booking engine I specified exactly the times I want to depart.

Any suggestions:confused: ?

2. Kiwi Flyer

Kiwi Flyer Senior Member

Sep 24, 2004
    Yeah SQ multicity has been working spottily for over a year now and big frustration to me.

If there's decent availability you could just book imperfect itin and change a leg by calling SQ straight away. Most fares allow stopover so easiest would be to book simple round trip and then change HKG-SIN or SIN-SYD as appropriate.

3. cssaus

cssaus Active Member

Dec 13, 2004
    Sydney
    I had been thinking of doing that but I would first need to double check that changes were allowed after ticketing.

There's obviously a glitch with their web booking engine in that it's totally ignoring the departure times being entered and putting it out its own series of options. Availability is definitely not the issue here.

4. Kiwi Flyer

Kiwi Flyer Senior Member

Sep 24, 2004
    It worked for me just now (my flights not yours).