SIA "Book The Cook"

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by cssaus, Mar 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. cssaus

cssaus Active Member

Dec 13, 2004
    Sydney
    Just curious as to what people's preferences are for SIA's "Book The Cook" meals in Business out of Sydney & Singapore (Could turn this into a Poll Posting I guess).

2. Kiwi Flyer

Kiwi Flyer Senior Member

Sep 24, 2004
    Very much depends on the flights (and class) I am on.

For example, in general I don't book the cook. But if I have a lot of SQ travel in a short period then I might get bored with the menus and BTC for SIN-AKL (duck yam for dinner, nasi biryani for breakfast). No BTC ex-AKL.

Japan flights I never BTC except for breakfast (when applicable) since I try to get kyo kaiseki or hanagoyomi if at all possible.

Other flights vary - sorry.

3. Keith009

Keith009 Established Member

Mar 6, 2005
    Brisbane / Sydney
    Out of SIN I've had duck with yam rice, the nasi bryani, and the lobster which are all yummy.
    The Lobster thermidor ex-SYD is very good, even better than ex-SIN. Not that lobster ex-SIN is bad - it just seemed nicer ex-SYD.

4. cssaus

cssaus Active Member

Dec 13, 2004
    Sydney
    Thanks, I'll keep the lobster in mind for my trip up to Singapore.

From Singapore I'm onto Rome but as the flt doesn't leave until 1.00am, I'm probably not going to be thinking too much about eating and from SIA's web site there's no "Book The Cook" facility out of Rome.