Not open for further replies.

eric2011

Established Member
Solutions
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Platinum
Warning to any, not so savey computer folk.

Just received an email claiming to be from Qantas Frequent Flyer saying "there system has recorded a failed attempt with your user ID from a different location bla bla bla" ( usual stuff ) and giving a link to follow to update my profile.

Don't go to the link

p.s I knew it was a scam when it went to my company email address...my company does'nt have a frequent flyer account

Last edited:

eastwest101

Established Member
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Gold
Yes - there was also an attempted phishing/social engineering attempt on Velocity a few months ago - similar language. It often pays to ring the airline/frequent flyer scheme and double check that no attempt was made to access your account just for peace of mind.

Last edited:

Dr Ralph

Enthusiast
Solutions
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Red
Got something similar in the last week.

We've Increased Our Flying to 30 Destinations Across Australia. Book With Us Today. Change Your Flight, Fee-Free and As Often As You Like for Travel up to 30 Apr 22*. Contactless Check-in. Special Safety Protocols. New Cleaning Practices. Online Check-in.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Staff online

• NM
    Enthusiast