SC reduction on HKG-SIN 3K? | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

SC reduction on HKG-SIN 3K?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isochronous

Established Member
Flights
My Map
Did this flight the other day with a bundle for $10 food/beverage credit and QFF. It's showing as 3,202 points (1,601 base plus 100% WP bonus - didn't know WP got a bonus) and 20SC. I remember doing the same flight 2 years ago and getting 40SC. When did they enact a reduction?

Trying to access your favourite Australian websites when overseas only to discover they have been geo-blocked? Concerned about your internet privacy especially when using unsecured wifi? NordVPN will solve both these common problems.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

mannej

Is that not the discount economy rate for a flight of that length?

moa999

Enthusiast
Flights
My Map
1595 miles. looks right.

Note a Plus Fare earns Discount Economy - 20 SCs
although a Max Fare earns Economy - 40 SCs

JohnK

Veteran Member
This is what does my head in the most with all the changes around post 01 July.

Pay $10 for food/beverage and receive 20 SCs and 3202 QFF points! That is totally wrong considering how cheaply one can purchase these flights.

Cynicor

Established Member

Pay $10 for food/beverage and receive 20 SCs and 3202 QFF points! That is totally wrong considering how cheaply one can purchase these flights.
I don't think the bundle is only $10 JohnK, it's a little more. But yes, the bundle pays for itself in points generally, with all the other stuff as a bonus.

dajop

Enthusiast
Flights
My Map

It's about $25 which gets a $10 f&b credit, nets out at ~$15 for 20 SCs and 3202 qantas points. So really you're probably looking at least $110 for the overall fare, but overall quite decent.

Isochronous

Established Member
Flights
My Map
All up I paid about HKD$1,500 for this fare - on the expensive side for this sector on 3K. But the availability of Deathstar bundles is what makes the MASA abolition galling and hypocritical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
happydesertsafari