SC earnings going from Melbourne to Washington DC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jskogsta

All,

Anyone know which route acrues the most SC's? MEL-LAX-DC or MEL-SIN-LHR-DC?

Probably the latter, but it's a longer trip. Is it worth it? Heh! :) Trying to plan to get my platinum! Have another standard trip MEL-SIN-MEL soon too ..

Anyone?

Thanks ..

/Jorgen

Dave Noble

jskogsta said:
All,

Anyone know which route acrues the most SC's? MEL-LAX-DC or MEL-SIN-LHR-DC?

Probably the latter, but it's a longer trip. Is it worth it? Heh! :) Trying to plan to get my platinum! Have another standard trip MEL-SIN-MEL soon too ..

Anyone?

Thanks ..

/Jorgen

What class of accommodation? The journey is 4,000 miles further so , unless u are desperate to spend time sat in a metal tube, I would stick to MEL-LAX-IAD
MEL-LAX-IAD

SC earning in discount economy is 65 , full economy 130
SC earning in J LAX-MEL and F on AA MEL-IAD is 300
SC earning in J LAX-MEL and J on QF codeshare on AA is 260

Going via LHR

Economy is 100 / 200
business is 400

Dave

Transform your lounge room (or any indoor space) into your own private movie theatre in just a few seconds.

Our Mini Pocket Projector is small, light and easily transportable. A must have!

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

jskogsta

Dave Noble said:
What class of accommodation? The journey is 4,000 miles further so , unless u are desperate to spend time sat in a metal tube, I would stick to MEL-LAX-IAD
MEL-LAX-IAD

SC earning in discount economy is 65 , full economy 130
SC earning in J LAX-MEL and F on AA MEL-IAD is 300
SC earning in J LAX-MEL and J on QF codeshare on AA is 260

Going via LHR

Economy is 100 / 200
business is 400

Dave

Not sure which class yet. Waiting for our agency to get back to me. You're rihgt, may not be much to benefit from it and I hate flying. Only reason would be to get some extra SC's.

Thanks! Crossing my fingers they give a decent class.

/Jorgen

NM

Enthusiast
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
The only reasons I would see for going via SIN and LHR is if using an ATW ticket or if wanting to go in premium economy using BA WT+.

Another way to maximize SC's especially if travelling in business class, is to buy a Circle Pacific fare, but unfortunately from MEL its just too far for DCIR22. So you could start in SYD or BNE and route SYD/BNE-LAX-IAD-ORD-NRT-SYD/BNE and add on a domestic cheapie to/from MEL.

But I would not both if travelling in discount economy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tracytrainor