SC Earn on ANZ Flights

Status
Not open for further replies.

rlarosa

I'm completely confused by the statement on the VA website:

^Discount Economy fare classes U, M, S, T, Q, V, N, E are ineligible for Status Credit earn when travelling on domestic connections within New Zealand on Virgin Australia codeshare services operated by Air New Zealand.

So if I'm on a domestic ANZ flight, on an ANZ flight number I earn SCs but not if it's a VA codeshare???

RL

markis10

Veteran Member
If you buy a domestic connection with a VA flight number in NZ in U,M,S,T,Q,V,N,E its not earning.

We've Increased Our Flying to 30 Destinations Across Australia. Book With Us Today. Change Your Flight, Fee-Free and As Often As You Like for Travel up to 30 Apr 22*. Contactless Check-in. Special Safety Protocols. New Cleaning Practices. Online Check-in.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

rlarosa

Thanks markis. Looks like the VA flight no's are more expensive anyway so I'm sure the system will push me on to the Air NZ flight numbered tickets.

One flight - AKL - SYD seems to be X class .... can't see that one the list anywhere so I guess that won't earn anything either.

williamsf1

Established Member
Only NZ domestic flights in Y B Q H M earn ... out of luck with the rest

esquire

Only NZ domestic flights in Y B Q H M earn ... out of luck with the rest

As someone who has increased their domestic NZ flying recently - flying Air NZ domestic is completely useless if trying to get SC for VA. Of course an alternative is rather non-existent if doing regional flights. Oh well at least you get lounge access.

AustraliaPoochie

Established Member
I cant find what constitutes a Full Y fare on Air NZ NZ dom flights.
Did my nut when I found S class on Air NZ dom in NZ flights do not earn miles or SCs.
Will from now on fly JQ NZ dom from now on when I fly within NZ.
Edit: could a solution be that you put your loyalties towards earning AirPoints $ instead of Velocity FF points and SCs?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..