Room Upgrades platinum Ihg Members

Discussion in 'IHG Rewards Club' started by Craig. Pp, Apr 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. Craig. Pp

Craig. Pp Junior Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Does anyone know if Intercontinental Adelaide or Crowne Plaza Adelaide. Honour their room upgrade policy for Ihg Platinum Ambassadors?

2. plugster2011

plugster2011 Intern

May 24, 2012
    Sydney
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Stayed at Adelaide Intercon in January and received a one room category upgrade as expected (am a Plat Amb) plus all the other usual amenities. Can't remember exact room descriptions unfortunately.

Stand to be corrected - but far as I know the Crowne Plaza (and other IHG brands) is not required to give a guaranteed upgrade to platinum members of IHG reward club - but as a platinum id say my experience is about 50% of the time I would get bumped up (I almost always exclusively book the cheapest room). So not a bad strike rate.

Stayed at a HI last week. Was upgraded a couple of days out but by check in had been downgraded again. Pays to take screenshots if your booking is amended.

Hope that helps.

3. Craig. Pp

Craig. Pp Junior Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Thanks Plugster

I have found Intercontinental Adelaide. good, always modify booking next day. Usually one category above. The club room staff are excellent . Not sure about Crowne Plaza thou.

4. markis10

markis10 Veteran Member

Nov 25, 2004
    BNE & SYD
    The CP often gives a high floor upgrade.

5. Craig. Pp

Craig. Pp Junior Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Thanks Markis10

staying at CP Adelaide this weekend, will post next week if I receive.any upgrade

6. Kefci2000

Kefci2000 Established Member

Apr 3, 2010
    Melbourne and Sydney
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Does anyone have any experiences with the following hotels in terms of benefits/upgrades

Crowne Plaza, Amsterdam
    Intercontinental Montreal
    Intercontinental O'Hare Airport

thanks

7. plugster2011

plugster2011 Intern

May 24, 2012
    Sydney
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I stayed at Intercontinental O'Hare last July and did receive the room upgrade and movie as a Gold Ambassador (at the time) but did not receive a welcome amenity. This was one of my first stays as an Ambassador so only checked on departure about the welcome amenity and was told they had moved my room allocation but the amenity was not transferred. I didn't pursue it any further.

Room was massive and bed very very comfortable. So overall a good stay.

8. Kefci2000

Kefci2000 Established Member

Apr 3, 2010
    Melbourne and Sydney
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    thanks, I have taken up a status match to Platinum and want to get a sense of what to expect

9. Craig. Pp

Craig. Pp Junior Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Crowne Plaza Adelaide Got a upgrade to the next level category usual newspaper and late check out. Nice hotel
    with really friendly staff . Walking distance to many restaurant s bars and cafés

• Like Like x 1