Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Rocketmiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

markis10

Veteran Member
You will find they are dearer for a room than other sites, and have a limited selection of options. The 3K bonus is applicable across all their partners, crediting it to Virgin Elevate will get you close to earning a VA domestic flight redemption which is 3500 miles.

Leroy87

Ah! I realised why it looked so good: prices in USD lol.

Still might be worth using for a booking you would otherwise have done for the one off 3k bonus but otherwise it seems you are right - cost per point over pretty much anything else may not be worth it.

burmans

Flights
My Map
You will find they are dearer for a room than other sites, and have a limited selection of options.
Yes, that's what I have found too. Though not always that much more expensive and may be worth it when they add additional bonuses.

Trying to access your favourite Australian websites when overseas only to discover they have been geo-blocked? Concerned about your internet privacy especially when using unsecured wifi? NordVPN will solve both these common problems.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

TheDan

Intern
I've been pretty happy - have stayed at IHG Miami and got 15,000 AA-miles (thats close to PER-AKL in J!!) for 3 days and the price was roughly the same as other websites. Only downside may be if you have an IHG membership, you might not collect rewards.

Nizar

Established Member
Agree with markis10 and burmans, rocketmiles tends to be more expensive, but still I use it extensively. I'm a fan of how, unlike pointshound or qantas hotels, the miles awarded are not based on dollars paid.
I stayed in the H hotel in Dubai for five nights earlier this year for around $2k all up, earnt me 5,000 AA miles a night.

kempvet

You have to perform a lot of digging but there are some good rewards, pointed my friend to a $A127 one night stay at a hotel near DME with free shuttle, returning 6k AA miles through rocketmiles, not a bad offer. Club Carlson also have 7500K AA mile reward for two stays (or something like that).

Duffa

Established Member
Flights
My Map
Just found them to be $48 a night more expensive for Sydney, Jan 2015
That's a lot for 2300 miles, IMHO

Of course if to was a business trip the sums might add up a bit better

Doggy

On the flip side, I booked a place in Aguas Calientes, which was if I recall AUD80-100 cheaper than any other hotel site inc. the hotel's site itself. But agree, generally RM is more pricey.

Picked up 4k AA miles for that stay FYI.

andye

Established Member
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
I'm lucky in that I can usually chose overseas hotels overseas for work (within reason) and be reimbursed. Not enough trips to seriously chase hotel loyalty. Up till now have used the Amex bonus partner hotelclub site for 10 MR/$ but this as well as kaligo (transfers to AA, CX, Thai, US and BA) and pointshound might turn out to be be worth checking too. Incidentally kaligo has a BA bonus point offer on (I've no personal connection to site)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shadowsfury