Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Roadside Assist and Home Assist Benefits on Amex Plat Charge Card

steveyyf

Intern
Has anyone used the road side assistance or home assistance benefit that comes as benefits of platinum charge card? what are the experience?

albyd

Established Member
Solutions
I’ve used the roadside assist. It’s NRMA road service in NSW so using this instead of an NRMA ‘membership’.

• Informative
Reactions: DC3
Solution

Quattro

Ive never heard of either of these insurances. What are they or where can I find some info?

What is Home Assistance?

BNEFlyer

Virgin
Gold
Ive never heard of either of these insurances. What are they or where can I find some info?

What is Home Assistance?
If it’s emergency home assist it’s like roadside for your home, if you need a locksmith, plumber or electrician in an emergency.

• Informative
Reactions: DC3

auflier

Intern
If it’s emergency home assist it’s like roadside for your home, if you need a locksmith, plumber or electrician in an emergency.
how about blocked drain?
Post automatically merged:

I don't think it's really marketed anywhere, but you can find details in the Platinum Insurance T&Cs - page 27 & 27. Roadside assistance is a nice benefit but useless for me because the vehicle has to be less than 8 years old.

https://www.americanexpress.com/content/dam/amex/au/benefits/Platinum/PlatinumInsurance.pdf
thought most rental fleet are newer cars

auflier

Intern
I read it as a car you own, as well as a rental car. Never had a breakdown in a rental, would / does the rental company provide the roadside assistance?
rental may or may not inc roadside. usually extra. i had experience with chubb..pretty incompetent. so be aware. otherwise nice little extra

Trying to access your favourite Australian websites when overseas only to discover they have been geo-blocked? Concerned about your internet privacy especially when using unsecured wifi? NordVPN will solve both these common problems.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

Daver6

Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
how about blocked drain?
Post automatically merged:

thought most rental fleet are newer cars

I believe they will organise the plumber, locksmith etc. You still are liable for their fee. Correct me if my understanding is wrong though?

DC3

Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
Some car rentals do, some don't, some see it as a value add and provide for a fee ...
I usually don’t take this option. However, when I recently requested it at Mount Isa, they advised that it is not provided at that location. No warning about this on the Hertz website.

auflier

Intern
I believe they will organise the plumber, locksmith etc. You still are liable for their fee. Correct me if my understanding is wrong though?
yeah i read that..in emergency situation they pay the call out fee. the rest is borne by us. in non emergency situation all fees are paid by us. really not that useful. i d call lock smith or train my dog to unlock the door 🤣

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fedex11