REX's new website (December 2020)

cove

Enthusiast
Solutions
Received their 2020 Annual Report today and despite the obvious loss due to the pandemic I felt that they did better than Qantas and Virgin in that year because all their planes were suitable for their routes.
We will test their website with a run to Esperance.

AMX001595_Travel-Insider_1100x260

farmboy

Put a booking through earlier for SYD-MEL and you'll be pleased to know it still works as it did before!

They even got rid of the image-text captcha (and replaced it with the more accessible reCAPTCHA) which is a bonus.
I (used to) book a lot of flights on Rex, Qantas, Virgin, and Air New Zealand.
In order to ensure continuity, I would often use two computers and a phone at the same time, get all to the last point and then press 'go'.
Air New Zealand site is by far the best, closely followed by Rex. Qantas is way behind, and Virgin is still fumbling at the starting gate, - just awful.
I think the Rex new site is based on the old one, because during the run-up, there is a flash of the old site for a second or so. We'll have to wait and see how it works under pressure.
I agree, the old one was 100% reliable. Virgin's was just terrible and I believe may have contributed to the company's failure.
Qantas' site assumes it knows more than me about what I want to do, and is irritating as a result.
Arrogant, a bit like the company.

Saab34

Established Member
You cannot change flights online. It’s been ‘out of order’ for like 2 months now. Sorry but please call our call centre. Hopeless.

ANstar

You cannot change flights online. It’s been ‘out of order’ for like 2 months now. Sorry but please call our call centre. Hopeless.
Yep agree. I was actually looking at changing my flight from Y to J to experience it but unable to even access MMB so a loss in $$ for them.

dajop

Enthusiast
Solutions

What is their call centre like? If the experience is one of no holding and of competency I'd be OK with that. But most call centres (for any sort of business) are anything but no hold, and competency is patchy at best.

Saab34

Established Member
Call centre is closed on weekends. Online change booking down since the third week of December. If I want to push my flight back on a Saturday for example, or move to Sunday. You cannot unless you go to an airport.

These $49 virgin flights they have matched will do me thanks.

dajop

Enthusiast
Solutions
Call centre is closed on weekends. Online change booking down since the third week of December. If I want to push my flight back on a Saturday for example, or move to Sunday. You cannot unless you go to an airport.

These $49 virgin flights they have matched will do me thanks.

That is bad. Should provide some feedback to them. Might be OK for a regional network that largely doesn't operate on weekends, but not for mainline market.

Now with contactless delivery, shop online to get drinks delivered to your door or pick up in-store in 30 minutes. Lowest Liquor Price Guarantee. Biggest Range.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Saab34

Established Member
I frequently shuffle ML-SY flights around. Often use the Jetstar flex option which gives flexibility for same day free change to any flight. Takes me 30 seconds to change it.

I just don’t know of any airline that has left such a function down for now 8 weeks. You’ve got Virgin out saying they are investing in this very space, investing in the way customers can change flights. I wouldn’t say it’s terrible but whatever they are planning it’s clearly going to leave Rex for dead.

dajop

Enthusiast
Solutions
I frequently shuffle ML-SY flights around. Often use the Jetstar flex option which gives flexibility for same day free change to any flight. Takes me 30 seconds to change it.

I just don’t know of any airline that has left such a function down for now 8 weeks. You’ve got Virgin out saying they are investing in this very space, investing in the way customers can change flights. I wouldn’t say it’s terrible but whatever they are planning it’s clearly going to leave Rex for dead.

Although if shuffling MEL-SYD is what you're after, with the schedule down to 3 flights a day, Rex is not going to be for you 🤣 :p

Agree they do need to get it fixed, or introduce the functionality in the first place perhaps??

Saab34

Established Member
I was curious initially as they frequency was sizable and could have been a better option than the Star. However I will ignore it for a year and see how they go.

eastwest101

Established Member
What is their call centre like? If the experience is one of no holding and of competency I'd be OK with that. But most call centres (for any sort of business) are anything but no hold, and competency is patchy at best.
Unlike some other airlines, their call centre is Australian based and I have never had to wait longer than 15 or so mins (even during Covid) to talk to a human being that speaks english, try acheiving that with their competitors.

And follow the links on their official web site, they are open 7 days a week.

Seem to be a lot of "Rexperts" on here who make some pretty bold claims that show they dont fly on Rex very much.