Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Revolut - another low fee FX provider launches in Australia

DeKa

Established Member
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
Revolut, another low cost FX provider has launched in beta in Australia.

This one is a bit different to TransferWise in that they seem to want to become your transactional bank account.

One thing that’s different - for $20 a month or $200 a year you get a metal Debit Card - much cheaper than the Qantas Titanium or other “metal” cards!

Use my referral link to sign up and you can expect:

See where your money is going See how much you are spending each month on things like restaurants, groceries and transport in real time.
Set up monthly budgets Set up monthly spending budgets for things like groceries and restaurants, and we’ll help you stay on track.
Round up your payments and save With Vaults, you can round up your card payments to the nearest dollar and put away your spare change.
Send and request money from friends Send and request money from your friends and family instantly and for free. You can even send them GIFs and Emojis to spice things up.
Spend and transfer money globally Spend and transfer money globally with the real exchange rate, without hidden fees.​

Pu Koh

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
not sure $20 a month is worth it for a plain metal card, with what is a rather Web 2.0 logo.

moa999

Enthusiast
Flights
My Map
And the standard account only lets you withdraw $350/month before they start charging 2%.

And $11/month gets you $700 limit.

Other options better for travel imho

penegal

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Gold
For those wondering, I have a referral for revolut.

PM for the link

wxxnxs

I even can't get my account opened, got a email says I'm on the waiting list, and there are 2031 people ahead of me.

DeKa

Established Member
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
I’ve tried Revolut once but it’s not worth it.
TransferWise is as cheap, the Mastercard works well, and the virtual bank accounts they offer are very useful.

blacksultan

I’ve tried Revolut once but it’s not worth it.
TransferWise is as cheap, the Mastercard works well, and the virtual bank accounts they offer are very useful.
Do you know if the US virtual account can be used to pay a US amex card? Is it a regular US checking account?

Credit cards which earn frequent flyer points is a popular way to earn frequent flyer points. You can receive thousands of points on everyday spend. And, many of these cards offer generous signup bonuses! Compare to find the credit card that best suits your needs.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

coolstepslg

I am a customer and can vouch for them. It was easy to open account for us using Australian mobile phone and topping up $10 with google pay using ING card. wife used her Australian passport and uk visa i just used my EU id card but had to put down a EU address both got 10 pounds and i got 10 euro refer credits and free basic cards but not sure if they still are doing that. I think they stopped issuing cards to Australian addresses so best put down a EU address. they have a free local rewards programs too now. i would like to throw in my referral link too . Managing your money would be so much easier if you had Revolut. Sign up with my link click here .

coolstepslg

yes Which bank ?

anyone tried loading funds with a CC? no ive only tried debit card so far.
cash advance? no
amex possible? no

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khoobh16