Regus Business Club - Diners Free Offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SIA1A

Does anyone know anything about the free 2-year Regus Business Club Gold Card offer, currently being promoted on the homepage at dinersclub.com.au?

I know that Regus is a serviced office company with offices available for short-term rent world-wide. It seems that the "Gold Card" offers free access to some kind of lounge (free coffee and internet) at these offices.

I have not attended any Regus office myself so unsure about what is really being offered. Perhaps it's just a coffee machine and WiFi at the reception desk?

The 'free' Gold Card for 2 years is apparently worth $350/year. After the 2 years expires the annual fee can be charged to the member's Diners. Does signing up commit a member to the third membership year and associated charges? Must the DC number be quoted at joining time?

Is this deal really just a promotion of the serviced offices, which of course do cost $$ to use?

There's some controversy about Regus and its CEO - examples: FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Regus Businessworld Gold and http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/12005238-post30.html - hence my query about whether a DC card number is required to get the "Gold Card."

A good deal - or is joining up a recipe for, at the least, junk mail and hassles?

Thoughts, people?

Last edited:
I have seen that offer on the webpage and from my understanding plus talking with friends, the first 2 years fee free and then they will charge you from year 3 onwards with DC.

Depends on how much use you have of the regus business club to make it worth it.

I was offered a free Regus Gold membership through another association and took up the offer. Basically the free membership gives coffee and internet access and a small place to work adjacent to the reception area. Other services are at a charge.

When I travelled to Europe last October I took all of the addresses that were adjacent to my hotel just-in-case. As it turned out I didn't need them.

Two weeks ago when I was in Melbourne to watch some tennis had a business issue arise which needed me to research and write an article. I knew it wasn't practical to do it on the iphone. Standing in the middle of Melbourne CBD, searched Regus on my iPhone and within 5 minutes was sitting at a PC doing the work.

I thought it was good value and a valuable 'freebie'. Certainly I will maintain the free card.

I looked at booking some meetings on other occasions but didn't have any luck as the times and locations didn't suit all of my attendees. FWIW the meeting bookings for all offices are done through an overseas call centre.

If the memembership is offered for free, then I suggest taking it up and keeping it just in case. You don't need to carry the card, I just keep a copy of the email on my email archive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back