Redemption to USA - Possible?

Discussion in 'Malaysia Airlines Enrich' started by shadrach, May 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. shadrach

shadrach Junior Member

Jun 25, 2008
    Hi all,

I'd love to know if it's possible to redeem for flights to USA (preferably New York). In my search I came across the thread about the difficulty getting to L.A. and subsequent link showing MAS no longer fly there :(

A couple of dummy enrich bookings say there are no flights. However their online map shows that they do code-share to NY via London, Paris etc.

So does anyone know if it's possible to redeem to USA from Aus - e.g. Bris to NY perhaps?

2. MH_fan

MH_fan Established Member

Apr 30, 2009
    Sydney, Australia
    You can get to New York but you'll have to call their service centre and book a OneWorld partner award. You'll have the choice of CX, JL, AA or QF. They stopped flying to LAX very recently.

3. shadrach

shadrach Junior Member

Jun 25, 2008
    Thanks MH_fan.

Sorry about the slow reply :oops:

4. mistado

mistado Intern

Oct 27, 2006
    melbourne
    HI was looking into this and thought that Mh had stopped flying to lax , but you can still book purchased flights but not award ones via NRT (Mh website). A bit strange that they offer the fare paying ones and don't allow direct online redemption without calling the call centre and using it on one world award flights.. Any thoughts ?

5. wandering_fred

wandering_fred Established Member

Jun 12, 2006
    country WA
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    AA award flights from Australia to USA via Asia actually require TWO separate awards.

So pick a favorite spot in Asia to make the transition and away you go.
    If that favorite spot is KUL then your first flight (to NRT/HKG would be the choices) can easily be on MH.

OTOH the paid for flights in the Y cabin are very inexpensive at the moment starting in KUL. MH to LHR/CDG connecting to AA/BA into the states.

Happy wandering

Fred