Redeeming flights with ANZ rewards

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwliew

Intern
I have an ANZ rewards gold card which has the standard rewards program. I have been trying for the last week or so to make a successful interstate booking using the online redemption page. All the flights come up, but everytime I go through the process, it comes up with an error and says that there are some problems, and to see if my in box has a confirmation in it, and if it doesn't, to press back and try again! I've tried over a few days now, and it still doesn't work.

Has anyone actually been able to redeem flights from the online facility with ANZ rewards? Or do you need to call the help desk.

Another question: When you book through a credit card rewards program, does still register as a proper, status credit and Frequent flyer point accruing flight? Or is it like a points redeem through my own qantas FF where you get no FF points or status credits.

Thanks

No idea about ANZ redemptions in particular... but in every case I've had, redeeming through your CC reward program will give you a regular flight that gains FF points and SC. They are basically operating as a TA though you're paying them in monopoly money (points). Makes it a sweeter deal than transferring to an airline, depending on the burn rate. Someone/anyone please feel free to correct me since I'm still learning!

Ok with your redemption I'd just give them a call. Probably the site is stuffing up and honestly we get used to doing everything online these days... if you call you'd probably get your answer (and flight) much quicker :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back