Redeem Kris Miles | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Redeem Kris Miles

Status
Not open for further replies.

tathraman

Singapore's website says Kris points can be redeemed for other than free travel but I can find no links. After a long wait on the phone, the person said this can't be done - but it's right there on their website. I'd like to be able to use my points for a hotel in Tahiti - any advice?

Kiwi Flyer

tathraman said:
Singapore's website says Kris points can be redeemed for other than free travel but I can find no links.
Where does it say that? AFAIK only says can redeem miles for awards and upgrades.

GCS

Intern
Yes, you can also redeem your KrisFlyer miles for non-air awards such as hotel and travel packages, special events and more when they are available.

I think '...when they are availible' is the key.

Kiwi Flyer

Not miles. Once credited to Kris Flyer there is no way to transfer the miles out.

tathraman

Thanks. I guess I'll just have to think very carefully when making further plans. Can I use Kris and M & M on any of the Star Alliance groups?

Kiwi Flyer

Kris Flyer miles can be redeemed on flight awards on all of *A, plus DL (Delta), VS (Virgin Atlantic) and MI (Silkair).

Kris Flyer miles can also be redeemed on flight upgrades on SQ, LH, LX, OZ, TG, NH and UA.

Miles and More miles can be redeemed on flight awards on all of *A plus another dozen or so partner airlines; or on flight upgrades on LH/LO/OS/LX/JP/OU/SQ/OZ/TG/NH/UA. Miles and More miles can also be redeemed for various non-flight awards.

Note that you cannot combine Kris Flyer miles and Miles and More miles in a single award.

tathraman

Please bear with my lack of knowledge on this - but can I upgrade on Air New Zealand with either or both Kris and Miles and More?

Kiwi Flyer

Currently neither. NZ does not yet participate in the *A-wide mileage upgrade program. Hopefully it will soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFF on Air Podcast

• jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...
  • Premium Economy – AIR010
    Sat, 04 May 2019 00:21:32 AEST
      Premium Economy is a great compromise if you want a more comfortable experience than Economy, without paying for Business or First class airfares! In this episode, AFF’s ...
  • Hyperinflation of Points – AIR009
    Sat, 20 Apr 2019 04:49:59 AEST
      Frequent flyer points are a valuable currency, but they aren’t immune from hyperinflation! In this episode, Matt discusses why frequent flyer points are a terrible long-t ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glazeaguirre